Happy Wednesday, New York Giants fans! As we creep up on the July 4th holiday, it moves us that much closer to the start of NFL training camps and the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game. Tick Tock, Tick Tock. In the mean time, please enjoy these headlines over your morning coffee.
This was almost impossible to rank, and the margin between first and last was incredibly slim. For me, the Eagles have the best quarterback for the 2014 season because Nick Foles, despite being somewhat of a product of his system, seems like the surest bet not to flop. While he may not repeat last season's numbers (27 TDs, 2 INTs), he's the type of cerebral pocket passer that succeeds in the NFL.
Q: Coming out of college, a knock on you was your pass receiving abilities. How have you progressed in that area?
A: I think I definitely progressed in that area. That’s the feedback I’m getting from the coaches as well, but there’s definitely always work that I can do, so that’s definitely going to be a focus the rest of this offseason into training camp.
There were high school coaches, family members, teachers, friends and front office members all through college and the pros who helped the 30-year-old through a career where he's won a pair of Super Bowl rings and made two separate Pro Bowl appearances.
That's why he didn't think twice about joining the Newark Mentoring Movement, a program headed by executive director Aaron Martin, son of long-time Giants defensive end George Martin.
"When you look back on your life and who made an impact, I mean, we had a mentoring program at Brown which was paramount to me getting through there, and even in high school, I went to a really challenging high school and the guy who paid for my scholarship, without him I wouldn't have gotten through it. Every coach, every teacher has been a mentor. It made me realize that getting to be a part of the Newark Mentoring Movement was a way to continue the cycle."
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Wednesday Morning Storylines: How Big Blue Snubbed Gang Green for DRC
- New York Giants Wednesday Morning Storylines: Big Blue Did Will Hill a Favor by Releasing Him
- Giants Wednesday Morning Storylines: Big Blue Fights to Keep Memorabilia Suit in Federal Court
- New York Giants Have 4 of the Worst 10 Contracts in the NFC East, So Says Philly.com
- New York Giants Wednesday Morning Storylines: Pre-Draft Starting Lineup Projections
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1cne