Shortly after mini-camp officially ended on Thursday, the New York Giants — who had upwards of five players in on a tryout basis — made a multitude of transactions. The team announced that they have signed defensive tackle Everett Dawkins and offensive tackle Demarcus Love, while releasing defensive tackle Eathyn Manumaleuna and offensive tackle Steven Baker.
But I'm ready for this new challenge ahead of me with the NY Giants! I'm super thankful for the opportunity.— Everett Dawkins (@TheUnderDog_79) June 19, 2014
The 6'2'', 300 lbs. Dawkins, a seventh-round pick of the Minnesota Vikings in the 2013 NFL Draft, has also spent some time with the Dallas Cowboys and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. His only regular season experience came as a member of the Cowboys when he suited up in a Week 10 loss to the New Orleans Saints.
The 6'4'', 315 lbs. Love, a sixth-round pick of the Vikings in the 2011 NFL Draft, has also spent time with the Jacksonville Jaguars. And although he was a member of the Vikings' 53-man roster throughout the duration of his entire rookie season, the team listed him as inactive for all 16 games. He then went on to miss the 2012 season with a torn pectoral muscle.
In addition to Love and Dawkins, at least three other players tried out for the Giants, but none were immediately signed.
As it stands, the Giants are back to a full 90-man roster.
Update: Dawkins' contract is for one-year, $420,000 and Love's is two-years, $1.23 million.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Release QB Josh Freeman; Claim OT Rogers Gaines Off Waivers from Bears
- If Released by Dallas Cowboys, Could DeMarcus Ware Become a Possibility for New York Giants?
- New York Giants Friday Morning Storylines: Did Giants Draft for Love and not Need or Value?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1c8k