As day two of Organized Team Activities (OTAs) got underway for the New York Giants, health continued to be the focal point. And one day after both quarterback Eli Manning (ankle) and running back David Wilson (neck) returned to the field, guard Chris Snee (hip) and safety Stevie Brown (knee) participated without limitations.
Although all drills have been non-contact, it's still a positive sign to see so many Giants practicing sans concerns. And given the issues Big Blue faced along the offensive line in 2013, it's especially a positive to see a fully healthy Chris Snee for a change. However, the real bonus may just be Stevie Brown, who was other-worldly during a breakout year in 2012. If he can return to the Giants at full strength for the 2014 season, it would be like icing on the cake for a vastly improved secondary.
It's also worth noting that Brown took first-teams reps with Antrel Rolle, but did appear to be splitting time with safety Will Hill, who also practiced for the second consecutive day. Meanwhile, free agent addition, Quintin Demps, took reps with the second-team.
- Day two kicked off with return drills (punt machine), which featured David Wilson, Walter Thurmond III, Trindon Holliday and Victor Cruz.
- The offense worked on several screen drills (including a tight end screen to Adrien Robinson), but on one particularly poor throw, Manning was nearly intercepted by linebacker Jon Beason.
- Odell Beckham Jr., Andre Williams and other rookies did not practice on Thursday as they were attending the NFLPA Rookie Symposium on the West Coast.
- Linebacker Dan Fox, coming off an impressive day one, saw reps with the defensive second-team.
- On offense, all four QBs practiced a lot of three-step drops. Early on, it looks like the Giants will have a strike fast approach, although they did have one delay of game penalty already. Tom Coughlin said he still wants them to move "faster."
- Ryan Nassib had more reps than Curtis Painter and Josh Freeman combined.
- Cornerback Charles James stole the show on Thursday with a leaping interception in from of WR Rueben Randle (off of Ryan Nassib) that was returned for a touchdown.
- Offensive lineman John Jerry sat out following knee surgery (more on this later).
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bgl