With two current vacancies open, the Ross is being eyed by both the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Miami Dolphins for their general manager vacancies, and have requested permission from the Giants to speak with Ross.
The Buccaneers fired Mark Dominik just after the end of the 2013 season after spending the last five seasons at the position; Dominik was fired along with the entire coaching staff under Greg Schiano which included Mike Sullivan, who is currently interviewing for the Giants vacant offensive coordinator job.
Ireland was fired after spending six seasons with the Dolphins, but many felt was a sitting duck at the position because he was appointed by Bill Parcells for the spot in 2008 when he ran the team but then resigned from his position. Despite firing Ireland, head coach Joe Philbin was retained after a rough season that dealt with the public issues between Jonathan Martin and Richie Incognito
Last year, Ross interviewed with the New York Jets, Chicago Bears and Carolina Panthers for their general manager jobs but did not get them; ironically enough, Ross' former colleague with the Giants Dave Gettleman, was hired by the Panthers last offseason.
As of now, the Buccaneers have been granted permissions to interview Ross, and it's likely the Dolphins will be granted permission as well.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants’ Marc Ross a Likely Candidate for Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ General Manager Position?
- Should New York Giants General Manager Jerry Reese Be on the ‘Hot Seat’ in 2013?
- Miami Dolphins Sign Former New York Giants DT Marvin Austin
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16ji