December 13th, 2013 at 1:05 PM

After each missing practice again on Friday, the New York Giants have officially announced that defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul (shoulder), cornerback Corey Webster (ankle) and safety Cooper Taylor (hamstring) are out on Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks.

"Not that I know of," head coach Tom Coughlin said when asked if he was aware of a report that Doctors told JPP to shut it down for the season.

The good news for Big Blue is that both cornerback Terrell Thomas (knee) and defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins (shin/quad) participated on Friday and are listed as probable for Sunday's Week 15 game.

Additionally, in the post-practice press conference, Coughlin again hinted that young players like quarterback Ryan Nassib and tight end Adrien Robinson would be healthy inactives come Sunday.

For the Seahawks, who have yet to practice here on Friday, they have proactively announced that linebacker K.J. Wright (foot) will be listed as inactive.

Meanwhile, a decision still needs to be made on a number of others players, including cornerback Brandon Browner (groin), wide receiver Percy Harvin (hip) and tight end Zach Millers (ribs) who each missed Tuesday and Wednesday practices.

All remaining players listed on Seattle's injury report are expected to play against the Giants.

photo credit: MattBritt00 via photopin cc

You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?

Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!

Tags: Cooper Taylor, Corey Webster, Cullen Jenkins, Football, Jason Pierre-Paul, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Seattle, Seattle Seahawks, Terrell Thomas, Tom Coughlin

Related posts

25 Responses to “New York Giants’ Corey Webster, Jason Pierre-Paul & Cooper Taylor Out Vs. Seattle Seahawks”

1.  Kettles78 says:

Great story about Cruz over on the espn site. http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10127525

•  kujo says:

Jacobs has been my favorite Giant of the last decade. And Eli is no slouch. But this young man, Victor Cruz…he is someone you want to succeed. He is a genuinely good person, all heart and passion while still being intelligent and humble. So many people in his position get their big contracts and start acting like total jagoffs. But Cruz…man, he’s just a cut above the rest.

•  James Stoll says:

Am I banned?

•  GIANTT says:

For what ? speaking your sometimes right , a lot of times wrong ,mind on the state of the Giants ?
          Personally , whether I agree with you or not and lord knows there have been a few times that we have had slight differences of opinion and many find your ideas on the state of the Giants at best an annoying irritant at worst totally wrong and offensive , the fact that you care about this team this late in a rotten season has got to give you another life or two
          As they say ” I may disagree with what you say but not on your noy banned yet right to say it “

•  Kettles78 says:

I agree Cruz is a guy that they say “gets it”

2.  Nosh.0 says:

Don’t really understand the backlash to Jim Stoll. He is the most bullied guy on this site. Has been for years. How has he run people off?

Anyway lets talk draft. 1st round.
    The way I see it there are only 4 possible positions we use our 1st rounder on.

1. Tackle – If a franchise LT is available then it is hard to pass that up. Even with Beatty making big money, the new CBA would make it possible to take a Tackle high and not be killed by the cap. He wouldn’t really need to be paid until Beattys contract is up.

2. Wide Receiver – True #1′s are getting harder to find and more expensive. Watkins and Lee have that potential.

3. Cornerback – Here’s the thing. Whoever the top CB is always gets talked up into the top 10-12 picks. But few are actually worth that high of a pick. There’s about 5 true shutdown corners in the NFL. Then a drop off to that 1A Prince/ Corey Webster (when he was in his prime and good) level. Not shutdown, but a serviceable #1. I’m only taking a corner top 12 if he’s a true shutdown guy. 1A’s are not worth drafting that high.

4. DE – I mean it’s Jerry Reese we’re talking about here. If there’s a guy with long arms that can get after the QB, probably a 75% chance we’re taking him.

•  Kettles78 says:

I’d like to see them address the interior line first

•  Nosh.0 says:

Yeah but I don’t think there are any int lineman that project as top 15 picks/ thigh first round values.

To me the most logical thing is to go out and sign 1 big time Free agent. I’d prefer a Center. Kujo and 55 have mentioned Alex Mack.

•  LUZZ says:

Yes, but not with the #10ish pick of the draft. If we get a chance to draft in the top 10, we should really draft the best #1 WR or the best CB. These positions are getting nearly impossible to get at an inexpensive contract, so securing one of these positions with a rookie deal is a huge benefit.

I disagree with 1. I think some are missing the franchise LT in recent drafts is just as risky as a position like QB. We are much better off hoping Beatty turns it around next year. He was very good last year and very bad this year. But this year he wasn’t around quality players. Let’s improve guard and TE and see how he plays. Plus I don’t think Beatty is a good RT because he’s a finesse guy.

I think our quantity of quality targets is more important than a number 1 assuming Nicks doesn’t return. Meaning I rather get Manningham, a quality TE and real 3rd down RB like sproles/woodhead. Plus add WR depth.

If a CB is viewed as a true shut down CB he’s not making it out of the top 10. The Jets very lucky with Revis. Look at Haden, Peterson and Claiborne they all were thought to be that type of CB and therefore were picked top 10.

•  skinnydoogan says:

He didn’t run anyone off, that is just stupid.

3.  Nosh.0 says:

Sorry, with all due respect to Stoll that guy Bryan was the most bullied guy on the site. He actually did get run off the site. Messed up. I liked that dude.

•  James Stoll says:

But TheRealBryanMcCoy actually was an Eagles fan just trolling for a fight. I think he actually admitted it at one time.
      I’m actually a Giants fan believe it or not.
      I just have a lower tolerance than many for the incompetence I see week in week out, year in year out.
      And as I’ve said a million times, until the coaching changes I don’t see anything changing
      And pretty much that’s been the story for 10 years – a barely competitive team that got crazy lucky (or good if you whish) twice at the perfect time.

•  LUZZ says:

Who are you referring to? The real Bryan McCoy? Wasn’t he an eagle fan troll?

4.  Nosh.0 says:

The most glaring absences have been KD, Haz (both gone for a while) JDdallas (RIP), Jcharles, and most recently Norm and DEMO. I can’t imagine either of them were bullied off the site.

Least glaring absence, Hoplax.

•  Nosh.0 says:

Smardjiza too, and who is the young kid, can’t think of his name, dude is real into fitness, blanking on his name. I feel like he’s been missing. Or is that Samardijza?

We need a G101 roster of current and former posters.

5.  NM-GIANT says:

You guys are so damn good that you guys intimidate the noobs, I have been reading this site since 2006 daily and have come quite fond of a lot of the posters here, having said that, it seems that when i do post, people really don’t respond unless I’m one of the “good ole boys” that can write a thesis about everything New York Giants. Some posters can go way overboard with this but it’s a reason i rarely post cause you guys are too damn good!! LOL

I don’t get the ill feelings towards Jim. why I disagree with him 95% of the time he’s still a true Giants fan. He’s just has an extremely negative view. So we all have different views.

Norm I don’t think is around because of the if Austin is cut he will leave this site promise he made. I thought he’s was a lock to stay too but wasn’t a strong as Norm.

And sometimes life happens so posters fade away for a while. Most of the core posters will return at some point.

7.  skinnydoogan says:

If people are “run off” due to a different opinion, they shouldn’t be here anyway. I thought this was American. Last time I checked we have freedom of speech.