New York Giants Re-Sign Center Dallas Reynolds

October 24th, 2013 at 2:00 PM

On Wednesday, the New York Giants placed veteran center David Baas on season-ending Injured Reserve (IR) as the result of an MCL injury suffered in a Monday night victory over the Minnesota Vikings. Initially, the team did not sign anyone to replace him on the 53-man roster, but it was announced on Thursday that they had re-signed center Dallas Reynolds.

Reynolds, who spent four years with the Philadelphia Eagles, signed with the Giants briefly in early October after they had released running back Da'Rel Scott.

Scott, of course, would later be re-signed, injured and subsequently placed on season-ending Injured Reserve.

Despite the addition of Reynolds, Jim Cordle is expected to take over as the starting center in place of David Baas.

"I guess it was fitting to wear his jersey for a little bit on this day," said Cordle. "It’s unfortunate. He’s the second guy (guard Chris Snee is the other) to be put on IR. This offensive line has been next man up."

Reynolds, who is not termination pay eligible as he only has one accrued NFL season, will count $282,353 against the cap.

You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?

Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!

Tags: Chris Snee, Dallas Reynolds, David Baas, Football, Jim Cordle, New York, New York Giants, NFL

10 Responses to “New York Giants Re-Sign Center Dallas Reynolds”

Nothing special here. Just a Guy. Maybe less.

2.  Levito says:

Thought this was interesting: https://twitter.com/GiantsGab/statuses/393420658149179392

GiantsGab
    ?@GiantsGab
    @PFF @pff_mikerenner Where is Jon Beason through 2 games with the Giants? Not enough snaps?

Mike Renner ?@PFF_MikeRenner
    @GiantsGab yea Beason has only been in on 39 run snaps and we cut it off at 70 I believe. His RSP is 20.5 though, would be second best.

How much difference would it have made if Nicks, JPP, Baas and Snee were healthy this season? Yeah, I know, Nicks and JPP are out there, but neither is anywhere close to 100%, which is fully understandable this soon after surgery. Did anyone really believe that these guys were superhuman and could will themselves to healing faster than the NFL norm (repeat after me, it isn’t until the SECOND season back after surgery on the knee and back that you can even see if the surgery was a real success)? And Baas and Snee have been complete losses.

Whatever we may think about Baas and Snee’s declining ability, is there any doubt that if they were playing the offensive line would have been FAR better? If you deny that you’re crazy.

And what would it have done for the defensive side of the ball if JPP was the JPP of two years ago? The absolute need to double him would have freed both Tuck (who has played much better this season) and Kiwi (who has been close to sacks many times and is playing much better than many suppose though not at an elite level) and almost certainly have allowed the front four to get the pressure on the quarterback that the team has not had in 2013. And Fewell’s entire defense is premised on pressure without having to use more than the front four to get it.

And Nicks at full health? With a healthy offensive line so they could run the ball and protect Eli far better than has been the case so far? The guy was a Top 5 receiver in the league (even statistically) just two short years ago, prior to his early-2012 injuries. No reason he couldn’t have been again.

And speaking of running the ball, how much difference might have it made if Andre Brown stayed healthy and had a healthy offensive line in front of him? Same goes for David Wilson.

We can pretend otherwise, but regardless of the “Next Man Up” mantra of the NFL, injuries have killed this team this season. Mara knows this. That’s one of the reasons that he, unlike most fans, will not judge Coughlin solely on the won-lost record. In fact, from all reports, Tom held this team together in the midst of a series of devastating injuries and six consecutive losses. The players have all said “We stuck together because we know that’s what we have to do”. They know that because of their wise old coach.

As I think about this season I am, of course, as disappointed as anyone else. But I see a lot of reasons why it has turned out this way, and I’m not nearly as unhappy with Tom Coughlin as many seem to be. I expect him back because if they don’t turn this around a proud man like him will not want to go out on a terrible note like that, and if they do Coughlin will probably consider it his finest coaching job to have brought this team through to respectability and will still have the taste for leading the team that he has now. And I am hardly troubled by that after really thinking carefully about what we’ve seen.

Levito – that’s exactly what I was saying about Diehl. While a draft pick in some ways is worth more than him as a player with the current state of our OL it’s not. Eli is the franchise and Diehl right now is an insurance policy. If Snee and Bass or at least one of them was around then it makes a lot more sense.

I agree with the poster that said Beatty is better than been given credit for lately. He’s played a several high level pass rushers and held his own expect the Carolina game. I don’t think one of the LT coming our is guaranteed to be better. Also I don’t think Beatty will be great as a RT. I don’t think that’s the solution. IMO we just need to worry about our interior because we are set at OT. Maybe Beatty and Pugh are not all pros but they won’t be the reason we lose games either.

Posted the above here by accident. I agree with the general sentiment but I think you forgot maybe our 2 biggest injuries. In Brown and Robinson. Brown would have given us a RB the coaches believed in and would have been allowed to play through a bad game as our lead RB. Playing the lessor talent we have at RB even when Wilson was healthy has really hampered our offense. A RB that can just catch like Brown would have been worth a lot. I think several of those errant screen passes would have been caught and a few less sacks with a more proficient pass blocker in Brown. I’m not saying Brown is AP but compared to who we used most of the time at RB his loss is way underrated.

Robinson from his use in the training camp and the preseason I think was going to be used a lot. Once we realized Myers couldn’t block I think he would have been used more because he has the athletic ability to get out in patterns and the coaches trust him more than Donnell. More blocking from the TE position would have helped greatly as well. Robinson isn’t as clear cut as Brown but I do think his absence has hurt more than some think. There’s a reason we have kept him off of IR.

•  skinnydoogan says:

FF55, I have to say I admire your optimism immensely and I am not being sarcastic. Wish I could feel the same way.

4.  BigBlueGiant says:

“Jason Pierre-Paul says he has not entirely recovered from back surgery and won’t be 100% for quite some time: “It’s really going to take the whole offseason next year to get back to my old, old ways — the old JPP.”

Yeah, I know back surgery yada yada yada…. But this might actually prevent him from ever going back to his old ways.

And god. That silly background music…. Kill me.

Repost: