Even Kate Upton, a New York Jets Fan, is Taking Aim at 0-5 New York Giants

October 7th, 2013 at 2:39 PM
By Giants 101

Fans are wearing paper bags over their heads, city strip clubs are no longer airing their games and now they're becoming the punch line of celebrity jokes. It's safe to say things are not going well for the New York Giants and that their 0-5 start to the season has become fair game for mocking.

After a workout with her trainer David Kirsch, model and Hollywood starlet, Kate Upton, hit Twitter and joined the growing list of people taking jabs at Big Blue.

You might recall that Upton has a previous, albeit brief, affliction with the Giants despite her New York Jets fandom (sorry, blue bleeders). Back in February of 2012, the then 19-year-old changed her loyalties after wide receiver Victor Cruz stole her eye from Mark Sanchez. Alas, Cruz, a family man and Father of two, turned down her Valentine's request — which promptly made National headlines.

“He denied me this Valentine’s Day. He said no,” Upton said at the time. “I don’t want to talk about it. I’m so upset. I can’t salsa good enough — that must be it.”

And yes. When the team is 0-5, this is news.

Photo credit: Kooroshication / Foter / CC BY

You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?

Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!

Tags: Football, Kate Upton, Mark Sanchez, New York, New York Giants, New York Jets, NFL, Victor Cruz

Short URL:

65 Responses to “Even Kate Upton, a New York Jets Fan, is Taking Aim at 0-5 New York Giants”

Sign her up. Send her out on a flare pattern. The whole defense will follow her, fighting each other for initial contact. Eli then runs 80-yards into the end zone. All problems solved.

2.  BigBlueGiant says:

REPOST:

BigBlueGiant says:
    October 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM

fanfor55years says:
    October 7, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I notice no one has even mentioned the Bears game Thursday. Have we all given up hope of an upset? It would be just like the Giants to go out there and play a great game and embarrass the Bears.

Chances? Approaching zero, but not quite there yet.

Oh, let me take this opportunity to say that for whatever reason, SOME semblance of reason seems to have returned to Giants 101 today. Maybe we’ve all managed to “self-cure” ourselves of the shell-shock of the 4th quarter quarter, but the true hysterics seem to have abated.

How will we feel when The Black Unicorn catches two TD passes against us Thursday? I guess I’ll be happy for him since we have a Lost Season on our hands anyway. Always loved that guy.

BigBlueGiant says:
    October 7, 2013 at 2:35 PM

as much as I’d love to see that happen, I dont think the only team in this league that I can convincingly say we beat is Jacksonville.

Sure theirs a chance, but given the beating that Chicago took this past week from NO, the fact they’re at home, and the giants playing on a short week…. I think we get beat by 10.
    BigBlueGiant says:
    October 7, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Well, all is not lost for me. I still have my beloved Miami Hurricanes at 5-0. They actually have some good kids on their team that can flat out play. Keep on Denzel Perryman #52 LB. He’s got terrific instincts, covers well, and can flat out lay the big hit.

He’s a bit undersized height wise, but a lot of today’s LB’s are. If he comes out, he might be worthy of a 3rd round pick. If his stock stays the same.

My Terps went from a surprise to an embarrassment. I will say that Diggs is the best WR the Terps have ever had. But he’s still only a true soph.

Wow … first strippers … now upscale h-o’s.

4.  skinnydoogan says:

Is it just me or does Coughlin look “done” out there? No more red face and theatrics.

•  Aziz Mohamed says:

He was super happy yesterday after Eli’s first TD pass to Randle, don’t think I’ve seen him that excited since our last SB win (and the NFCCG).

F55 – I agree we are not starting two rookies on the OL. I expect Mosley or Brewer to start next year. With the later rookie either pushing one out at some point or providing a quality backup.

I haven’t lost hope of winning but also I realize that saying hey I think we have a chance because Chicago is struggling and on a short week is fruitless from what posters have seen from us so far.

We haven’t seen anything from this year that would give you any believe we can become a good team. But in the back of my mind because of the SB runs I just can’t totally give up on these players. I’m not saying my view is of the soundest of logic. I have just seen too much. No I’m not saying we have a SB run in us this year. But starting 0-5 winning this division would feel like a SB run in some ways.

I know some rather just be bad if we are going to be really bad. But when you go 2-14 type of losing that doesn’t usually just right itself right away. KC is the exception, not the rule. 6-10, 7-9 type teams are much more likely to turn around and be good than terrible teams. When you lose than many games it’s not just about talent it’s about learning how to win again. If we go 6-10 that shows we began to figure out how to win again. Right now we have lost knowing how to win.

So I might be the odd fan in that I want us to do the best we can to win games even if we end up being 6-10, 7-9 which might cost us a premium draft pick. Now I still want us to play our young guys. This year is still about seeing what we have in guys that will be around. Guys like Wilson, Randle, Williams, Donnell, Brewer, Mosley, Hosley, Hill, Hankins, Moore, Paysinger, Cox, James and Robinson are players I wan to see who they are and what they could bring in 2014. They all are under contract by my count but we really don’t know how good these players are yet. Paysinger is the closest to establishing his value. Hill might be on the fast track too.

•  BigBlueGiant says:

Goat, what makes you think that 6 wins is realistic for this team? We’re about to enter our hard part of the schedule, and yes, I include Minnesota AND Oakland in that bunch.

Until this team wins ONE game, i just can’t put a count on how many we will win.

But i’ll take the under of 6. The way under.

You missed the point of my post. My point is we should try to win 6 or 7 games if we can. Most would rather win 2 or 3 for better draft position. I’m saying we should try to win as many games as we can because winning has value. Maybe we can’t win 6 games but that’s not my point. I’m saying I want us to win as many games as possible.

•  BigBlueGiant says:

Look, i’d love to turn things around and win the SB, but it’s unrealistic right now.

And what is realistic is that this team really has a shot to get an extremely talented player if they don’t win over 5 games.

I hate to say that this is what they should be doing, but after this week at 0-6, perhaps 0-7 after MN….. Why not just blow it? The only thing winning will do for the team is drop our draft down.

I understand this isn’t and won’t be a popular theory, but if these next games get away from us….. And we lose to Philly before the break. We are looking at 0-8 at the bye, And Kevin Gilbride will be our head coach.

Actually, I think most people agree with you. My point is that once you lose to such an extreme like 2 or 3 wins, learning how to win even when you have talent becomes hard. So while it sounds good to get a great player high in the draft I don’t think it’s all it’s cracked up to be. Losing that many games with a QB as good as Eli is really hard. I can’t think of a team that lost more 10 or 11 games with a QB of Eli’s caliber.

TC would never be fired in the middle of the season. There’s just no reason. You don’t treat a HOF coach like that. I don’t recall a HOF coach getting fired midseason.

•  BigBlueGiant says:

I will make you a bet that if we are 0-8 at the break, he will step down for “personal issues”.

No he won’t. That’s not how this team works. You’re forgetting how the Giants work. If this was another team he would have been fired after 2009 or 2010. This management doesn’t make random move like that. One fire someone midseason when they have been an embarrassment. Even Andy Reid without any SBs coached the full season.

•  BigBlueGiant says:

ok, let me rephrase this…

if we go into the break WINLESS, TC, Gilbride or Fewell will be canned. One of them will be gone.

I don’t think that’s true either. But Fewell is possible. Right now it’s been a totally team effort so pinning it on any one person doesn’t work and won’t fix it.

•  Aziz Mohamed says:

The way I see it, this week is a guaranteed loss. So we’ll have 10 games left after Thursday.

Do you really think we can go 6-4 from then on out? I think at best, we go 4-6 in those 10 games. The Lions were 4-12 last year and had the 4th overall pick, this year I think 4 wins gets you into the top 3. That’s AT BEST though..most likely we go 2-8 or 3-7, which should guarantee us a top 3 pick.

It’s the NFL. It’s a week league. Chicago isn’t playing well so nothing is guaranteed. Bad teams don’t allways stay bad and good teams don’t always stay good. Look at us last year. Of course if we play as we are we are not winning 6 games. There are some other teams that will lose a QB and become bad. Many teams start bad and end up with 6-7 wins. Carolina was that team last year as was NO.

•  Aziz Mohamed says:

Chicago is still a good team. They have an offense that will pound our defense into the ground after 3 quarters. Their defense is pretty much guaranteed to hold us down to less than 15 points. They got spanked by the Saints, they’re at home and we’re traveling in 3 days. 0-6 is a guarantee.

They were a split second away from losing to Minn. They almost blew a 24-3 lead against a winless Pitt team. They have one good win.

Given our state, I think 3 days is better. If we played Sunday it gives the media and fans 3 more days to lay into this team. The way we are playing being on the road is probably a good thing. We would be booed if we played Chicago at home on the first bad play.

•  skinnydoogan says:

Problem with this is, Coughlin’s stubborn refusal to play young guys. Hell Mosley might as well be a cardboard cut out, Robinson too. Moore is even worse becaus even us armchair coaches can see the kid has big potential, but they flatly refuse to play them.

6.  GIANTT says:

Catching up as well and Ive got to say I dont think Ive felt this bad or had less understanding about the state of the Giants since the 70s . I was nodding my head in agreement on a lot of things on here but one thing bothered me . When Vick went out and Foles came in , granted he is not a rookie but he hasnt played that much , the old time defense was 7 or 8 guys in the box welcome to the world and dont let him get ANY type of confidence in what he is doing . That to me shoulda coulda been a turning point . Instead Foles came in and the Giants let him get away . Loved watching Hill and Paysinger .
    Again the defense played ok for a while but had to keep it up for far too long because of an inept offense which never gave them a real break .
    But Karma says no letdown and get a chance to draft Clowney or anyone else in the top 5 , Giants go on an ugly winning streak and end up only one game out of winning the division .

•  BillyS says:

If we get a top 5 pick…as good as Clowney may be…we *desperately* need O-line help in the worst way. I’d probably wind up agreeing that it’d be too hard to pass up, but we need a stud O-lineman so badly.

And Kate Upton is just flat out gorgeous. I do think we should try to sign her. Watching her run around the field would be so much more entertaining than the football we’re playing.

7.  Dirt says:

So long as the “Clowney is the pick at number 1″ posts flood this place, I’m ghost.

•  Levito says:

This team look like they’re getting anything other than a top 2 pick?

•  BigBlueGiant says:

He won’t be the #1 overall pick.

Likely will be Bridgewater, or Taj Boyd.

Clowney will be 2-5.

•  William says:

Let me take this a step further. My guess is that by the 2016 draft any player on the defensive side of the ball will be going the way of RB draft value position. Look no further than yesterdays game between Romo n Payton and ask why would you draft anyone in the first round that doesn’t add to your ability to put up points. You have one of the leagues true defensive studs on the field yesterday in Ware and he was a ghost. Would you draft him first because you fear that Payton would put up more than 60???

•  Aziz Mohamed says:

Why? Don’t like the kid, or don’t like the fact that we’ll be bad enough to get him?

8.  William says:

skinnydoogan says:
    October 7, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I couldn’t agree more and what will be a big issue if we continue to lose games. At some point you need to waive the white flag and play for next year. The Chiefs n Saints and Colts of last year show how fast you can bounce back to success. But, to get there you must really get a true assesment of the young talent. That means less Tuck n more Moore for example and we all know that will never happen with TC. It means less Baas,Snee n Diehl and anyone on the o-line roster with a pulse to firmly assess their talents so we can make proper post season decisions. Again, not in the TC wheel-house.

9.  KingAndrewXXIII says:

We really may be in contention for Clowney. I have argued about his taking plays off, but at the same time…I understand it. I honestly believe that the first pick will be a QB – either Bridgewater or Boyd – and that realistically, the 2nd pick could be a QB as well. Right now, the worst teams in the league are the Giants, Bucs, Jags and Steelers. Of those, it’s likely that both the Jags and Bucs would utilize their draft picks on QB’s. The only way I can see otherwise for the Bucs, is if Glennon leads them to some wins, which would in turn take them out of the top 3. The Steelers could make a play at a guy like Clowney, although I feel like Anthony Barr is a better fit for that defense.

Also, to those claiming we’re winning 6 games: WHO do you see us beating?

• Anthony Raiaaxr29 says:

Like we discussed yesterday:

1. Clowney/Barr
      2. Purifoy

and go from there

•  William says:

Clowney is better than Ware??? Why would you waste a high pick on a defensive player. What impact did Ware make yesterday??