September 15th, 2013 at 7:00 AM

'Super Bowl-6-2' photo (c) 2012, Stephen Luke - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ New York Giants running back David Wilson spent a portion of his Tuesday speaking with retired running back Tiki Barber about his fumbling issues. But that wasn't the only advice Wilson would receive this week, as former Giant Ahmad Bradshaw, now with the Indianapolis Colts, also reached out to the youngster and helped advise him on techniques aimed at eliminating fumbles.

“He’ll have those two fumbles in the back of his head for the rest of the year, and I think that’ll help him," Bradshaw told the New York Post. “He’ll get stronger from it and I don’t think that’ll happen with David too much anymore."

Like Wilson, and even Barber before him, Bradshaw struggled with fumbles earlier in his career. In fact, during the 2010 season, Bradshaw faced a life on the bench after losing six fumbles. But, following in the footsteps a Tiki, Bradshaw refined the way he held the ball and his fumbling issues promptly came to an end.

“I’ve been in that same predicament, and it’s all mental," Bradshaw said. “As a running back, it gets into your head."

After a week of receiving quality advise from those who overcame similar difficulties, Wilson is ready to put all of these new lessons to the test. And facing an 0-2 hole, he knows that he and the team can't afford the same mistakes. So look for Wilson to don an entirely new way of holding the ball on Sunday afternoon, and look for that ball to stay off of the ground.

Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!

Tags: Ahmad Bradshaw, David Wilson, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Tiki Barber

20 Responses to “Ahmad Bradshaw Reaches Out to New York Giants RB David Wilson; Advises Him on Fumbles”

1.  Dirt says:

Am I the only one who think it’s pretty nuts that David Wilson was the only guy in the entire league who turned the ball over last week?

2.  William says:

PROTECT OUR HOUSE
    Despite getting off to a bad start with a loss in the NFC East the blueprint for success starts this week in our own building. Protect your own “house” to the tune of 6-2 (or better) and you need only be 4-4 on the road to most likely win the NFC East or get a wild card. Throw in the rare ability of Eli to play well on the road and go 5-3 away and you’re in the running for a bye week.
    As a supposed elite team it should not be that hard to be 6-2 at home or better each and every year!!

The key is to avoid the “bad loss at home” versus the inferior team, which is a TC lead regime NYG specialty. Look at the historic record of this team at “home” and you see a poor pattern of home losses in the regular season and in the playoffs. The blueprint for playoff appearances in this league is to dominate at “home”.

(2004) 3-5 at home; Eli as a rookie: throw out this year.

(2005) 7-1 at home= get home playoff game. (Lose playoff game at home versus Carolina)

(2006) 3-5 at home; lost final 4 at home including getting blown out 30-7 versus Saints. Backed into playoffs as a road wild card team, but lose.

(2007) 3-5 at home; went to Super Bowl as a wildcard team. Lost the final 4 home games for the second straight year. This included a terrible near fatal home loss to a bad Skins team 22-10.

(2008) 7-1 at home; Make playoffs as a top seed getting a home game. Lose in playoffs at home versus the Eagles.

(2009) 4-4 at home; Perhaps, one of the worst home losses in franchise history. With playoffs still possible, NYG lost their last game in historic stadium Giant Stadium 41-9 to Carolina.

(2010) 5-3 at home; miss playoffs and potential top seed by losing to Eagles in the final home game of the season after leading 31-10 in the 4th qtr.

(2011) 4-4 at home; squeak into playoffs (9-7) on the way to Super Bowl. Again, much like 2007, a terrible late year home loss versus a bad Redskin team nearly derails the epic season.

(2012) 6-2 at home; the anomaly year. Poor road record of 3-5 and some late year bad losses on the “road” costs us a playoff game.

Overall including 2004 (3-5 at home) TomCoughlin is 42-30 in his own building during the regular season. A pedestrian 58.3% winning percentage at home for an elite franchise with 2 Super Bowls.

3.  bluetick says:

Having a bunch of my son’s friends over for the game today for an annual event we call The Brisket Bowl. I started the briskets in my smoker last night at 10 pm. I just checked them and they are coming along fine. Anyway, this is our 3rd such event, and the Giants have not lost one yet, so victory is pretty much assured.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.  GIANTT says:

I LOVE a good brisket – what New Yorker doesnt ? bluetick wheres the party ?
    Seriously though , as confident as I was that the Giants were going to beat Dallas last week , Im absolutely torn this week . We know either QB can shred any defense when they are on , so I expect a high scoring game . I think this comes down to who has the better defense and I liked the Giants defense last week , they played
    well enough to keep the Giants in the game , so I think they should be recognized and rewarded this week with 35-31 WIN with at least one defensive score .
    Secret to a good brisket – the marinade – Anyone who is an old time New Yorker will remember Manischewitz wine (It is still available ) Terrible to drink but marinate a piece of meat in it and as good as youve ever tasted !

Don’t have a clue which team will win but it’s a beautiful day to go out to the game and see two great QBs fight for family honor. These are the kinds of games that make one an NFL fan almost as much as a Giants fan.

I think TC has no choice: Wilson plays the main role in the backfield. And if he does well and BJ adds a few good plays Eli should shred their defense. Without Bailey they simply cannot cover our spread offense. We’ll have mismatches at all three wide receiver spots. Peyton is always tough to beat but I think his receivers are not nearly at as much of an advantage as ours, and he may not have much of a running game to relieve the pressure on him.

The big question for me is whether our O-line can protect Eli and prevent a lot of hurried throws. If so I think Giants win.

Did I hear brisket? Now THAT ‘s a winner.

Great post from William re: home field. We all know that but nice to see it so well elucidated.

6.  Chad Eldred says:

Football weather has arrived in the Northeast. Sincerely hope everyone enjoys this beautiful day. If all goes well our heads will hit the pillow tonight entertained by the thoughts of a Giant win.

7.  demo3356 says:

Personally I think the whole “Wilson is a Fumbler” thing is blown out of proportion/ Kid has only fumbled 3 times in 170 touches. Maybe its because its the NY Media or all the happened on national TV in close games vs the Cowboys but I dont think he is a fumbler. My bigger concern was his awful pas protection. He whiffed badly a couple of times and got Eli rocked. I said several times after cuts to final 53 and anyone with any Football IQ knew we were bringing in a vet back after week 1 no matter what happened last Sunday. Coughlin was going 8 games with 3 unproven young backs. I hope the kid has a Monster game today and puts this fumbling pandemonium behind him for a while

It got turned into an issue because Coughlin benched him. Then they yak’d about it all year. How he had to overcome it … etc etc.

I don’t bash Gramps too much after two Superbowls, but he created this problem. Had he just worked with Doghouse … and played him till he got over the jitters … this would have been nothing.

8.  demo3356 says:

*Wasn’t Going with

9.  kujo says:

First game I get to watch with my dad in my new place. One of the best feelings in the world, knowing my dad can just drive over here to watch any sporting event we want. Gonna throw a couple of ribeyes on the grill, drink a few growlers of this excellent IPA made at a local brewery and eat my wife’s amazing spinach dip (served cold with homemade lime-zested tortilla chips and water chestnuts).

Let’s hope we kick this new era off with a big win!