The New York Giants will be without right tackle David Diehl (thumb) and running back Andre Brown (IR) on Sunday night, but they aren't the only team that's hurting. Bryan Broaddus of DallasCowboys.com reported on Friday that Dallas Cowboys defensive end Anthony Spencer (knee) will also be ruled out for their week one matchup.
Spencer had arthroscopic left knee surgery on July 25th and has been unable to practice since then. And although he and the team remained optimistic that he could play on Sunday night, Spencer admitted a recent setback.
“It’s doing better,” He said earlier this week. “I had a little setback some time during the weekend. … The swelling was there for a day in it was gone.”
The seven-year veteran noted that he could possibly participate on a limited basis Friday, but in light of Broaddus' report, that now seems unlikely. Instead, the team will likely shut him down in hopes of having him return in week two against the Kansas City Chiefs.
In 90 career games, Spencer has made 361 tackles and 32.5 sacks. And in two games against the Giants a season ago, Spencer had 12 tackles and one stuff.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You're not an average fan, so why wear an average shirt to represent your team? LogoWear brings some originality to the game and will help you be the star of your team's following - not the third guy in off the bench. Your team isn't just another team. Don't be caught wearing just another shirt. Make a statement with LogoWear!
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!Anthony Spencer, Dallas, Dallas Cowboys, David Diehl, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL
- New York Giants’ Henry Hynoski not Expected to Play Against Dallas Cowboys: Report
- New York Giants’ David Diehl Officially Ruled Out Against Dallas Cowboys
- New York Giants’ Victor Cruz Wants to Play Against Dallas Cowboys, but Status Uncertain
- New York Giants’ Jason Pierre-Paul Will Decide on Friday If He Plays Against Dallas Cowboys
- New York Giants RT Justin Pugh Excited for First NFL Regular Season Start Vs. Dallas Cowboys
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/10aq