After much speculation, back-and-forth and debate, the New York Giants officially placed running back Andre Brown on short-term Injured Reserve (IR) with designation to return on Wednesday. And to fill his spot on the 53-man roster, the team also signed defensive end Adewale Ojomo from their practice squad.
Ojomo's place on the PS was filled by offensive lineman Steven Baker, whose agent announce his signing with the team on Tuesday.
Initial reports came out early Tuesday morning that Brown would be placed on short-term IR, but the team never announced the move. Speculation then began to circulate that Big Blue wouldn't make that designation until following their week one game against the Dallas Cowboys in the event someone else suffered an short-term injury. And with the team having a bye week during week nine, it seemed to make sense.
However, with questions surrounding defensive ends Jason Pierre-Paul (back) and Damontre Moore (shoulder), the Giants were in need of some back-up support along the line. Cue Adewale Ojomo, who shined during the preseason for the second year in a row.
With the short-term IR designation, Brown cannot begin practicing until after week six and cannot play again until after week eight — which means the earliest he'll see the field again is week 10 against the Oakland Raiders (the team has a bye week during week nine).
Photo Credit: Mike Gannon
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You're not an average fan, so why wear an average shirt to represent your team? LogoWear brings some originality to the game and will help you be the star of your team's following - not the third guy in off the bench. Your team isn't just another team. Don't be caught wearing just another shirt. Make a statement with LogoWear!
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!Adewale Ojomo, Andre Brown, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Steven Baker
- New York Giants Met with 19 Players on Tuesday; Sign OL Steven Baker to Practice Squad
- New York Giants Will Place Andre Brown on IR with Designation to Return … Eventually
- New York Giants Sign DB Jawanza Starling as Final Member of Practice Squad
- New York Giants’ Andre Brown Suffers Fractured Leg
- New York Giants RB Andre Brown to Miss 4-6 Weeks with Leg Injury: Report
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/107d