Although injuries to running back Andre Brown (broken leg), safety Tyler Sash (concussion) and tight end Adrien Robinson (foot) stole the show on Thursday night, other players came out of the 28-20 loss with some issues of their own. Among them was linebacker Dan Connor, who suffered a neck burner.
Neck burners (also known as stingers) are relatively common in the NFL and are caused by twisting of the neck or serious impact. Due to the compressing or pinching of the nerves, relatively serious acute pain can be felt from the neck all the way down to the fingers — it is sometimes accompanied by numbness. The effects generally last only a minute or two and do not often cause any long-term damage.
For Connor, this is his second neck burner in as many years, having previously suffered one last September when filling in for Sean Lee against, ironically enough, the New York Giants.
The larger impact of Connor's neck burner may be that he opened the door for Mark Herzlich, who played very well for the second consecutive game. The two have been engaged in a battle for the starting MLB spot since training camp began, and have each staked a claim to the job. However, if Connor's burner is at all serious, it could mean Herzlich starts against the Dallas Cowboys.
With an open locker-room on Friday, more information on all of the Giants' injuries will likely be made available.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You're not an average fan, so why wear an average shirt to represent your team? LogoWear brings some originality to the game and will help you be the star of your team's following - not the third guy in off the bench. Your team isn't just another team. Don't be caught wearing just another shirt. Make a statement with LogoWear!
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrityoffers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!Adrien Robinson, Andre Brown, Dan Connor, Football, Mark Herzlich, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Tyler Sash
- New York Giants Injury News Mounts: Justin Tuck Suffered Hamstring Strain in Loss to Colts
- New York Giants Fall 28-20 to New England Patriots; Lose Andre Brown to Fractured Leg
- New York Giants’ Cooper Taylor Likely to Make NFL Debut on Thursday Vs. New England Patriots
- New York Giants Vs. New England Patriots: What to Watch For
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/zx2