On Sunday night when the New York Giants take on the Indianapolis Colts, they'll do so with several returning stars, including wide receiver Hakeem Nicks and defensive end Justin Tuck. However, despite practicing in full all week, cornerback Terrell Thomas, who's returning after two consecutive ACL tears (three in total), will not play.
“You can still see him getting his feet under him and working on his lateral movement,” Cruz said. “But he looks good, he looks quick, he looks fluid out there. He jammed me up pretty good one day out there, I’m not going to lie. But I got him back. There’s a little back and forth, just a little competitive stuff to get each other better. But I definitely see him moving in the right direction.”
Although he's not playing this week, barring any unforeseen setbacks, Thomas will make his long awaited return to the field next Saturday against the New York Jets.
Meanwhile, the news was good for tight end Larry Donnell. Only a few short days after being carted off the field with what appeared to be a major knee injury, Donnell took part in the team's walkthrough on Saturday. The Giants later announced that he had suffered only a knee sprain, but would not play against the Colts.
The exact timetable for his return has not been announced, but head coach Tom Coughlin will undoubtedly have an update as the team returns to training camp practice on Tuesday.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You can meet Doc Gooden! Sports Fan Promotions is providing fans with an opportunity to meet legendary New York Yankees and New York Mets pitcher Doc Gooden on Thursday, August 22 from 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. The event is being held at Locker Room Sports, 76 Main St. in Woodbridge, NJ 07095. Autographs are just $25 for any item, with inscriptions for $10!
Gearing up for the fantasy season? Try weekly fantasy football games this year at DraftDay.com. DraftDay has awarded over $15 million to fantasy fans like you, so don't miss out on the newest way to play fantasy football! Create your free account and use promo code GIFT for an instant cash bonus.Football, Hakeem Nicks, Indianapolis, Indianapolis Colts, Justin Tuck, Larry Donnell, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Terrell Thomas, Tom Coughlin
- New York Giants TE/FB Larry Donnell Carted Off Field After Suffering Knee Injury
- New York Giants WR Hakeem Nicks Expected to Play on Sunday Vs. Indianapolis Colts
- New York Giants DE Justin Tuck Plans to Play on Sunday Vs. Indianapolis Colts
- New York Giants’ Mike Pope: Larry Donnell, Adrien Robinson Will “Absolutely” See Field This Year
- New York Giants CB Terrell Thomas Feeling More Confident; Puts Knee to Test Vs. Victor Cruz
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/z8t