Practice was moving along at a good pace … and then it wasn't. In the blink of an eye, good feelings changed at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center as New York Giants safety Antrel Rolle crumbled into a heap on the grass on Monday. The veteran had gotten himself tangled up with tight end Bear Pascoe during some drills and appeared to roll his ankle.
The training staff was quick to attend to him, as Stevie Brown and Perry Fewell stood near, but he would eventually need to be helped off the field. He was then quickly put on a cart and taken away towards the locker-room, although he did not appear to be in significant pain.
Ryan Mundy would take his place on the first-team defense.
"It's obviously bothering him. He must have stepped on it. They stepped on each other’s feet, you know? It was like a rebound drill. Honestly, I didn’t see it until he was sitting down," Coughlin said after practice, adding that Rolle was being examined. "Hopefully it's an ankle and he's coming right back."
Coughlin added that an MRI will be conducted to determine the severity of Rolle's injury, which would imply that X-rays had already been done. That could also lead you to believe that the first hurdle has been surpassed and that it's not a break.
In his three years with the Giants, Rolle has not missed a single regular season or playoff game due to injury.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Gearing up for the fantasy season? Try weekly fantasy football games this year at DraftDay.com. DraftDay has awarded over $15 million to fantasy fans like you, so don't miss out on the newest way to play fantasy football! Create your free account and use promo code GIFT for an instant cash bonus.Antrel Rolle, Bear Pascoe, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Perry Fewell, Stevie Brown
- New York Giants Safety Antrel Rolle: ‘There’s No Time for Letdowns’
- New York Giants WR Kris Adams Carted Off After Suffering Fractured Left Leg
- New York Giants Safeties: “At the End of the Day,” Where Will Antrel Rolle Lead Them?
- New York Giants’ Antrel Rolle: All NFC East Quarterbacks are Elite
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ywc