NorthJersey.com has reported that Connor is scheduled to enter a pre-trial diversion program in which his record would be expunged if he stays out of trouble, meaning he gets probation as long as he keeps his nose clean going forward.
Connor's attorney, Michael Diamondstein, claims the four-inch switchblade was a gag gift and was not intended to be used as a weapon whatsoever. Diamondstein also stated that Connor had no idea the knife was in his carry-on when he went to the airport on his way to a wedding in Pittsburgh.
Following the arrest, the 27-year-old linebacker did cooperate with police regarding the investigation, which is likely why he is only getting probation as a result. Connor's next hearing regarding the case will be on August 16.
Connor originally signed a one-year deal with the Giants back on March 16 and is competing with Mark Herzlich for a starting spot at middle linebacker in 2013. He was previously a member of the Carolina Panthers and Dallas Cowboys before coming to New York.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Gearing up for the fantasy season? Try weekly fantasy football games this year at DraftDay.com. DraftDay has awarded over $15 million to fantasy fans like you, so don't miss out on the newest way to play fantasy football! Create your free account and use promo code GIFT for an instant cash bonus.Dan Connor, Football, Mark Herzlich, New York, New York Giants, NFL
- New York Giants’ Dan Connor Cooperating with Police Following Arrest
- New York Giants LB Dan Connor Arrested Saturday for Possession of Knife at Airport
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ykq