For many college quarterbacks, an invite to the Manning Passing Academy is a great honor and an opportunity to work with three of the best: Archie Manning, Peyton Manning and Eli Manning. But for Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, the invite was apparently looked at as an opportunity to party it up in the offseason.
That came back to bite him in the rear-end however, as Manziel was sent home on Saturday (by Archie himself) after boozing it up and sleeping through meetings.
In an effort to protect his image, representatives at the camp told the media he was "sick" and subsequently left the camp as a result, but sources informed YardBarker that was not the case at all. Rather, Manziel was allegedly out late Friday night and didn't roll back in until around noon the next day. He was almost immediately sent home and failed to participate in pre-scheduled “Air It Out” competition.
Manziel, the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner, is no stranger to controversy. Already this summer there have been reports about him wanting to leave Texas A&M, as well as the photos he posted of himself on Twitter with a large sum of money as a casino. Even after being kicked out of the Manning Passing Academy, he apparently returned to College Station for a night out on the town.
Perhaps more than any of those things, NFL scouts will focus on him being kicked out of the Manning Passing Academy.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Cops Raid Club Where New York Giants WR Victor Cruz was Partying
- For Archie Manning, Father’s Day is a Day to Be Proud of His Sons: Eli, Cooper and Peyton
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/xcm