July 5th, 2013 at 12:01 PM
By Doug Rush

Heading into his rookie season, Damontre Moore is heading in with very high expectations for the New York Giants. With Osi Umenyiora departing as a free agent to the Atlanta Falcons and Jason Pierre-Paul recovering from back surgery to repair a herniated disc, Moore has a chance to shine for the Giants in the summer and impress the coaching staff.

Growing up, the 20-year-old former Texas A&M defensive end who was from DeSoto, Texas, went to Rowlett High School in the area, so it made sense for him to be a Dallas Cowboys fan.

Now as a professional football player, Moore is on the other side of the rivalry and will be playing twice a year against the team he grew up for. In an interview with the Landry Hat, Moore is just fine with playing for Big Blue against the Cowboys.

“I grew up a Dallas fan and, you know, I always watched the Giants,” Moore told the Landry Hat. “Those were always the guys beating Dallas, and I like, I didn’t like them. Now, that I’m on that side, I can be with the winning team.”

Going back to 2008, the Giants are 7-3 against the Cowboys. Moore will get his first opportunity to play against his hometown Cowboys on opening night when the Giants are in Arlington to face their NFC East rivals.

Many felt Moore was supposed to be a first-round draft pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, but slipped all the way down to the third round to the Giants this past April. He will be competing for playing time with Mathias Kiwanuka, Justin Tuck, Adrian Tracy and Adewale Ojomo in the 2013 season.

Tags: Damontre Moore, Football, Jason Pierre-Paul, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Osi Umenyiora

43 Responses to “New York Giants DE Damontre Moore: I’m Glad to Be on Winning Side of Giants/Cowboys Rivalry”

1.  kujo says:

Dear Purorock,

A) If you don’t like my posts, don’t read them.

B) If you don’t like my posts, say so. Don’t try to hide behind a facade of chivlary. It’s 2013, and women can speak (and be spoken to) the same as a man. It’s called equality. If you need more info on that, perhaps go out and meet a woman and tell her all about how you think she should be shielded from “man talk.”

C) I’ll even make the introduction for you–Jen Polashock, meet the limp-wristed pansy who goes by the name of “purorock.” He thinks you and your fellow women are incapable of dealing with whatever it was that I said that he finds offensive on your part. Do you have a response?

•  Jen Polashock says:

How sweet. Care to enlighten me as to why or what I’m being protected from? I was too busy being barefoot in my kitchen cooking…

•  kujo says:

Fars says:
        July 4, 2013 at 8:16 AM
        Grats !

And great timing too.
        (Anyone thinking this happening in the offseason is coincidentally ?)

kujo says:
        July 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM
        It means he was bangin’ his wife somewhere around the midseason point. Guess we know where that second half swoon comes from. It’s not Coughlin’s fault–it’s Abby’s! She needs to withhold the **** for the whole season, not just the first half of it! Someone needs to draft a petition…

•  Doug Rush says:

lol, J-Shock knows how to make me laugh….

•  Jen Polashock says:

I’m sorry. I’m on coffee overload today and running with this on yesterday’s post. Chivalry is cute when forced…

•  Doug Rush says:

COFFEE!!!!!!!

•  kujo says:

Daniel Tosh appreciates your rape joke.

•  Jen Polashock says:

Daniel has me on speed-dial for some bits…especially those misogynistic ones. ;)

•  purorock says:

Not forcing chivalry, just asking for maturity. I know my wife wouldn’t appreciate it and I obviously didn’t appreciate his comment. That’s it. Simple. Shall I make comments without regard to other posters or staff here? Or is it only cool IF it doesn’t happen to offend a current reader? Keep it classy, if by chance you have any, right? NOT TO MENTION that chivalry isn’t even what I was implying by definition… Kujo just threw that word out and it stuck.

•  Jen Polashock says:

Don’t feel you need to look out for anyone if they themselves didn’t voice an offense. You started this nit-pic. Not all have your views as not all have mine (or Kujo’s). Sorry some of us are trying to make light of it and HAVE FUN. It IS the WWW and unfortunately free reign. Is your wife a reader, btw?

•  kujo says:

Who was being immature? And who was being not-classy? IT WAS A JOKE, you self-serious stick in the mud! People–women included–laughed. Who gives a crap about your “wife” and what she might or might not “appreciate.” This is the internet, and more specifically Giants 101, where the people who comment ROUTINELY poke fun at the subject at hand, the author of the article, the people in the article, the people not in the article, George Bush, the Young Whale clothing line, Twilight fans, and people who get stuck in meat lockers.

•  njm0m says:

Kujo- I actually found your comment funny when I first read it. Lots of athletes don’t get any by choice during the season for the exact reasons you mentioned. I truely think Abby will have her hands full now and will be way to tired with two kids under the age of four.

•  purorock says:

A) I can’t determine if I don’t like your posts until I read them, can I. If you have found a way to magically determine such please enlighten me.

B) Who’s hiding? I stated my case in chivalry, decency AND maturity. What? Your disregard for a woman’s perspective in reading your post was one of the three issues I had with your post. I’m happily married, by the way.

C) Calling me names behind a PC isn’t tough… cut it out. Again with the immaturity. Don’t drag Jen or anyone else into this… seriously, who taught you manners?

•  kujo says:

I never said I was tough. I just went ahead and answered your bullsh*t post, which was actually a violation of the “magic” I typically use to decide whether or not I like your post–I see your name, and just ignore everything beneath it.

And what “woman’s perspective” did you think I should pay my regards to exactly? I observed that is likely that Eli and Abby conceived their child in the October/November time frame, which coincides with the annual “second half swoon” the Giants have typically endured in the Coughlin era. I then made a joke attributing this recent “swoon” (as well as previous ones) to Eli’s loss of edge and suggested that Abby should make Eli be abstinent during this time in order to maintain his edge. Did I use some adult humor and suggestive terms? Yes. Does that somehow violate a woman’s “decency”? I don’t think so.

Lotta hurt feelings. Luckily I’m a guy, and don’t really have any feelings. Wish demo was here … but he’s probably too busy stuffing his face.

•  demo3356 says:

What fruity freakin avatar are you sporting now there Team Edward?

•  kujo says:

It’s Dark Shadows, a recent movie adaptation of an old soap opera about vampires and stuff. It doesn’t refer to the black and blue marks surrounding Krow’s hiney-hole, or “Team Edward’s HQ” as it’s known on the net.

3.  njm0m says:

looks like Jonny Depp in that Vampire Soap Opera remake.

4.  Doug Rush says:

I think it’s funny that there are 26 comments to this story, none of which relate to Damontre Moore and the Giants/Cowboys rivalry….just wanted to throw that out there as the writer of this story.

But continue with the entertainment, lol

•  njm0m says:

What can we say it’s the offseason and the natives are getting restless.

•  kujo says:

No one cares about your story, Doug.

•  kujo says:

And I mean that in a good way. I only really read the articles when the writers are new. After they’ve built up some cred, I just skim them, or hit the comment section and follow the conversation. Unless it’s another literary excretion by Jen, in which case I just ignore the article altogether and pray that none of her garbage ends up lodging itself in my brain :)

•  BigBlueGiant says:

HA!

5.  BigBlueGiant says:

Kujo and Demo in full force today.

( insert Demo’s Vontaze Burfict joke to me in 3…..2……1…)

6.  kujo says:

uut

(It’s another tour de force by Doug Rush. Just wait until you read it! Wow…)