Victor Cruz, however, is still a no-show because he is in a contract dispute with the team trying to get a long-term deal out of the team, something that has been going on for over three months now.
Giants head coach Tom Coughlin spoke out on Cruz's absence and how impatient he is starting to get with him not being with the team. On Thursday, another one of the Giants coaching staff, offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride, spoke with Jenny Vrentas of Sports Illustrated on how both Nicks and Cruz missing practice has hurt them in their roles with the offense.
"They've missed time and the coaching, and to be quite frank, both of them need it."
In Nicks and Cruz's absence, Rueben Randle, Louis Murphy and Jerrel Jernigan have been getting the first team reps, and people in attendance at the Giants camp have been raving about both Randle and Murphy's progress and developing chemistry with Eli Manning.
Both Cruz and Nicks took part in workouts along with Murphy at Duke University back on April 10 when Manning brought the trio of wide receivers with him to the 2013 Manning Passing Academy. But that was two months ago, and that won't get the players into football-ready shape they need in order to prepare for the season.
However, because he was contractually obligated to and would have been fined up to $66,000 if he didn't, at least Nicks did show up and worked out with the Giants offense in drills.
Cruz on the other hand, well, we know that story. Everyone, from Coughlin, Gilbride, Manning and the rest of the Giants continue to wait on his arrival to camp.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1 Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Former New York Giants WR Amani Toomer Says Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks Learned from Steve Smith
- Report: Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz No-Show New York Giants Team Physical
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/w0d