The on-field portion of New York Giants rookie camp ended on Saturday. The biggest news of the two-day event was the free agent signing of former first-round pick Aaron Curry, who will compete to be the Giants starting outside linebacker in 2013.
However, the Giants also added defensive tackle Frank Okam, a five-year veteran who has spent time with the Houston Texans, Seattle Seahawks and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Michael Palmer, tight end
- Jeremy Horne, wide receiver
- Junior Mertile, cornerback
- John Stevenson, safety
Mertile and Stevenson are both undrafted rookies; Mertile played at Florida International while Stevenson played at Georgia Southern. After not being selected in the 2010 NFL Draft, Palmer signed with the Atlanta Falcons and played from 2010-2012. The 25-year-old has played in 43 total games with 21 receptions for 123 yards and three touchdowns.
Horne, like Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz, was an undrafted free agent out of the University of Massachusetts and signed with the Kansas City Chiefs following the 2010 NFL Draft, where he played from 2010-2011.
In order to make room for those four players, plus Curry and Okam, the Giants released the following players on Saturday:
- Levy Adcock, tackle
- Buddy Jackson, cornerback
- Bobby Skinner, defensive tackle
- Jake Rogers, kicker
- Marcus Davis, wide receiver
- Charles Dieseul, linebacker
Davis and Dieseul were both undrafted free agents that the Giants signed just shortly after the 2013 NFL Draft concluded.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1 Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/uvi