April 25th, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Things become tedious outside of Radio City Music Hall in New York City as droves of fans anxiously await tickets to the 2013 NFL Draft. And in an effort to break the monotony, a reporter from Football Nation decided to have some fun at the fans' expense and prank them by interviewing them about fictional players. Of course, every single fan fell for it until a New York Giants fan got in front of the microphone…

Dallas Cowboys fans. New York Jets fans. Yikes. Step it up.

Tags: Dallas, Dallas Cowboys, Football, New York, New York Giants, New York Jets, NFL, NFL Draft

31 Responses to “Video: Reporter Pranks Fans at NFL Draft; New York Giants Fan Only One Who Catches On”

1.  BigBlueGiant says:

Walter football has Dee Millner dropping to us at #19. i’ll be doing cartwheels if this happens.

2.  norm says:

Repost:

norm says:
    April 25, 2013 at 1:52 PM

One thing that always helps me focus in on which players I’d want is considering who I would hate to see on any of or NFC East rivals.

With that in mind, I’d be absolutely sick if either Fluker, Cooper, or Warmack goes to Dallas at 18. For years, the O-line in Dallas has been an Achilles Heel that the Giants have consistently been able to exploit. But I believe that any of the aforementioned three linemen are difference makers who are good enough to transform that perennial weakness into a strength nearly overnight. Fluker and Tyron Smith would be a hell of a pair of bookends at tackle and a thorn in our side for the next decade. And either Warmack or Cooper would instantly toughen up what has been the squishiest, softest interior line in the whole NFL.

There’s no one else who Dallas could select that would sicken me as much as their selection of any of those three. Let’s just pray that Jerruh has not lost the love for big shiny hood ornaments that have largely informed his picks in the past.

Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure Jones will take one of those three if they’re still there when his pick comes up.

•  GIANTT says:

Hey Norm , I wouldnt worry – You just have to remember who is GM for Dallas and you know he isnt going to make a sensible pick . As far as Philly goes – the new guy ( I forgot his name ) may want to make a splash
      so there is a chance that again they dont make the sensible pick -

F55 – the surprise LB I could see us drafting is Brown. I know many have him going later including me but I have read several experts who feel he’s the best LB in the draft. I think he fits perfectly in our system at MLB but he is versatile enough to play WLB or SLB as well. He’s on the boarder of a freak athlete for the position. He’s the spititng image of Bobby Wagner who if there was a re-draft was probably among the top 20 players from last year’s draft. In some way he’s very much to LBs as Wilson was to RBs in last year’s class.

I like Brown, and have seen most of his games so I am probably more familiar with him than anyone here. But IMO he is just not a good pick at #19. He has a leadership personality, a nose for the ball, and excellent anticipation, but he has some trouble getting off blocks and his football speed is good but not off the charts. I’ve seen him taken out of too many plays to be all that excited about him as a top pick. At #49 I’d be very happy to get him, but of course he won’t last that long unless something strange happens.

I will really be surprised if we took a linebacker early and it isn’t Ogletree. But we’d only take him if they are convinced he can play somewhere other than WILL. Interestingly, Brown is, like Ogletree, a converted safety. But Ogletree is somewhat better in coverage because on the field he can move like a gazelle, which more than makes up for Brown’s superior recognition skills.

Man, I really, really, want Cooper or Warmack. They are almost sure-fire stars in the NFL and come with just about as little risk as anyone who will be drafted. But they’re surrounded by too much buzz to fall all the way to #19. I hope Reese trades up, just enough to snatch one of them from the Jaws of Jerruh.

I tend to agree with you that Ogletree is the only LB we would pick. Jones who I agree with your account has as a player is just not the athlete we normally select in the first round. I don’t see Teo or Minter because they are not great in coverage. Brown and Ogletree fit but picking Brown at 19 would be hard. But I do think if Brown makes it out of the first round he could slide to us. Because most teams looking for MLB or between 19-32

I think one of the guards falls to at least 18.

4.  Samardzija says:

Going through whats going to be available in my mind I still want they guy Ive wanted all year. Sheldon Richardson.

Yeah I know we have a lot of DTs on the roster, but most of them are either stop gaps or Jags. I have absolutely zero confidence in Austin, hes just been out of it too long at this point imo and Linval is a free agent next year. I dont see Reese going interior O-Line in the first and with Rhodes gone, I dont see another CB the Giants would like at #19 looking at the guys they have drafted previously.

5.  JBeast says:

The more I think about the draft I think we should do as Mara suggests and beef up the lines. I mocked a LBer at 19 but I do think we should go OL first hopefully Cooper or Warmack and then DE hopefully Tank Moore or Datone falls to us in the second. Winning the battle in the trenches wins football games that’s where it’s starts. Give Eli time to throw and Wilson lanes to run and we will score. Hit the opposing QB and make him feel pressured and we will win games. That’s how we won in the past that’s how we will win again. Beef up the OL and DL.

6.  NYGsinAUS says:

Good point but I think given our history with Pitt, I think if Fluker, Cooper or Warmack are on the board at 17, and if one is to believe that Pitt are after an OLB like Jones, then I reckon we’ll jump ahead of Dallas.
    I’m normally not one to propose trading up but that would make sense for everyone.
    Having said all that I wouldn’t be surprised if Dallas trade up anyway for one of the OL’s…

You’re right. We might be able to vault ahead of Jones on this basis, but he knows that so may trade up to prevent that. At least the threat we’d do it will have cost him something, so it wouldn’t be a total loss.

7.  Chad Eldred says:

I think the Bills are the team to keep an eye on. Ultimately they would love to move down. If they do move down, will it be beyond us at 19? Do they want Ryan Nassib enough to take him where they are now? If they do take him at any point before our pick, the odds of a top ten guy sliding to us increase dramatically. I suppose this would apply to Geno Smith as well. I don’t think any team wants to take Nassib or Smith in the upper half of the first round, but if they want them enough, they may not be willing to wait until round two. Obviously the best case scenario for us is that both are taken before we pick.

8. Dan BentonDan Benton says:

With all of the immature, childish and ridiculous comments slung on this site, NO ONE has mentioned this video yet? I didn’t think you boys would be able to resist.

They’re in a draft daze Dan. Most of them no longer have enough control to focus on typing snarky comments.

But hey, are you surprised by this when they prove on The Tonight Show every week that they can find lots of people who don’t know who John Adams, Nelson Mandela, Thomas Edison and William Faulkner were? Or who think the Bill of Rights is a restaurant check?

The level of what my daughter has taken to calling “Terminal Dumbitude” is no less among NFL fans than the general population. I suspect if the Wonderlic were given to all of the folks on line at Radio City their scores would be very comparable to those of the players who are going to be drafted.

Having said that, it is clear that only Giants fans are more than clueless, and that Jets fans may be dumb enough to actually go to games this season expecting their team to win.

I just watched it. Wow! I would think fans attending the draft would be the most knowledgeable. I guess they are there just to front. That was a horrible display by fans. At least the Giants fan knew better.

9.  F0XLIN says:

It’s blocked at work for me

10.  Hanshi says: