New York Giants Have Met with at Least 12 2013 NFL Draft Prospects

March 30th, 2013 at 9:30 AM

On Friday, Giants 101 broke out the most detailed and in-depth free agency scorecard available, and today we're going to follow it up with a list of confirmed 2013 NFL Draft prospect meetings by the New York Giants. As it stands, and courtesy of Walter Football (in part) Big Blue has had at least 12 confirmed meetings with prospects, and expressed heavy interest in two others. Of course, there have been and likely will be others that have flown under the radar.

Current List:

• Luke Batton, LB, Kent State (INT)
  • Mike Catapano, DL, Princeton (PRI)
  • DeWayne Cherrington, DL, Mississippi State (PRO)
  • Matt Furstenburg, TE, Maryland (PRI)
  • Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado (PRO)
  • Lamar Mady, OL, Youngstown State (INT)
  • Miguel Maysonet, RB, Stony Brook (PRI)
  • Brendan Melanophy, DB, Fordham (PRO)
  • Trent Steelman, WR, Army (EW)
  • Chance Warmack, OL, Alabama (PRI)
  • Brian Winters, OL, Kent State (SR)
  • Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers (PRI)
  • Reid Fragel, T, Ohio State (PRI)
  • Steve Beauharnais, LB, Rutgers

Short codes: SR – Senior Bowl, EW – East-West Shrine, INT – Interested, PRO – Pro Day, PRI – Private Workout.

For a look at all 2013 NFL Draft-related articles here on Giants 101, be sure to check out the appropriate category from our cloud found here. And stay tuned to Giants 101 and this article as we update it with more confirmations leading up to the Draft itself.

photo credit: The U.S. Army via photopin cc

Tags: Brian Winters, Chance Warmack, Football, Khaseem Greene, Lamar Mady, Miguel Maysonet, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Nick Kasa, Trent Steelman

8 Responses to “New York Giants Have Met with at Least 12 2013 NFL Draft Prospects”

Interesting, though I have absolutely no idea what any of it means. It would seem that the private workouts indicate some real interest, especially for kids like the ones from Rutgers and Princeton whom they must have seen frequently over the course of their seasons.

I like that they had Warmack in.

Warmack is dropping some … there’s actually a chance he could last. Not a great chance … but more that a couple weeks ago.

•  BigBlueGiant says:

I actually most mocks i’ve seen have him climbing the ladder. He’s a special player. But I do agree that there is little chance he falls to 19. If he does, He will be our guy. He’s easily top 3 best players in this draft.

Are there any mock drafts that are actually worth looking at? I’ve never bothered because I assume no one knows much of anything, and it’s frustrating for me to see anything about players I’ve not seen play myself because I never really trust it. I never make comments about college players whom I’ve not seen play, not because I think there’s anything corrupt about it, but because I just feel like I don’t know enough to have anything intelligent to add.

•  BigBlueGiant says:

In all honesty. No. There aren’t many mocks that you can really trust.

Come draft day, trades happen, players shoot up boards, players fall down others.

It’s very unpredictable. But there are some where you can get a good grasp of who’s going where and when.

this year, it’s kind of a weak draft class. The top 20 kids this year coming out aren’t as good as the top 20 that went in the previous years. But that doesn’t mean they won’t be good NFL players.

•  giankees says:

Draft tek did a good jon last year plus it changes everytime players are picked up.I’m thinking that reese will just sign whatever player drops to him except rec te and qb. Everyone else is a go! Wormack drops he is oura but if richardson and wormack are avail I think it will be a tough call. If they are taken and rhodes and ogletree are there he will probably take rhodes. I’m hoping ogletree due tobhis pass coveribg ability and his speed on the field. Ibthink everyone has to be scarfed up forbthat tobhappen.

3.  JBeast says:

Giankees- re: post on last thread about Jones vs Ogletree; I think they are two different kind of players Jones is the prototypical rush linebacker while Ogletree is more athletic and can cover the pass better. I do think Jones would bring a toughness our defense haven’t seen in many years while Ogletree would give us a LB that so athletic and can play the run as much as the pass but he isn’t as feared as Jones. I don’t think Jones plays in college we wide open I think he beats his man very easily with speed. I do believe it comes down to what the giants want to do on defense, do they think we need better pass rush or better coverage? Personally I have been going back on forth between these two guys and if I had to choose right this second I think I would take Ogletree versatile with great speed and good against the run also.

MentalHockey I think it was you that started CB Hayden and I think you have changed my mind from Honey Badger to this kid. I know it’s highlights but the Hayden kid looks special very good size and a nose for the ball. Excellent recognition and closing speed also. Any way he is around in the 3rd? As of right now my draft would be
    1. Ogletree
    2. Barrett/Warford (unless Carradine or Hunt falls here unlikely )
    3. Hayden