New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz got some good news on Wednesday. No, it wasn't the long-term deal with the team he's been seeking, but the youngster was informed he'd be receiving a check for $221,303 – or just over 40% of his 2012 base salary – in performance-based pay.
Checks for 2012 will arrive this month (March 2013), but all NFL performance-based checks for the upcoming 2013 season will be deferred by two years, according to the NFLPA. Luckily for Cruz, who has worked off of one of the most valuable contracts (for a team) in the NFL, he had his second straight solid year just in under the wire. Hopefully, for all involved, he won't need a performance-based check a year from now.
Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict led all players with a performance-based paycheck of $299,465.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1 Giants 101 on Google+
- Looking for 2013 NFL Draft news? Follow On The Clock 101 on Twitter and like On The Clock 101 on Facebook
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Giants’ John Mara “Wouldn’t Be Surprised” If Teams Go After Victor Cruz; Will Tender Him First-Round
- Michael Strahan, Victor Cruz Each up for Madden 25 Cover
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ra9