The New York Giants are one of several teams showing interest in veteran offensive guard Matt Slauson, reports Brian Costello of the New York Post. They are joined by the Oakland Raiders, Dallas Cowboys and, of course, the New York Jets who would like to re-sign him.
The interest in Slauson could be an indication that negotiations with Kevin Boothe are not going well, but it could also be due-diligence in the event the two sides are unable to come to an agreement.
A solid talent, Slauson's ability and value has been overshadowed by a cut block against Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing that resulted in Cushing tearing his ACL on October 8, 2012. Although many considered the hit legal, including Slauson himself, the league fined him $10,000 for what they called an illegal peel-back block.
"It's football. It's part of the game…it happened to me, and I've been on the other side of that, so I know how it goes," he said at the time.
Originally a sixth-round pick of the Jets in 2009, Slausen has started 48 of the 51 games he's played.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1 Giants 101 on Google+
- Looking for 2013 NFL Draft news? Follow On The Clock 101 on Twitter and like On The Clock 101 on Facebook
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- New York Giants Showing Interest in Defensive End Jason Jones
- NFL Free Agency Rumors: New York Giants Showing an Interest in Danny Amendola
- In Addition to New York Giants, Two Other Teams Have Expressed Interest in QB David Carr
- New York Giants Have Expressed Interest in Defensive Tackle Sen’Derrick Marks
- Ramses Barden’s Agent Says New York Giants “Have Interest in Re-Signing” the Wideout
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/r5i