The San Francisco 49ers may again find themselves picking scraps off of the New York Giants' free agent pile here in 2013. A year ago it was wide receiver Mario Manningham and running back Brandon Jacobs, and this year it could be kicker Lawrence Tynes, whom the team is "believed" to have some interest in.
While there are some reports circulating the Internet suggesting the 49ers will make an offer to Tynes, the team is also considering several other options as a replacement for David Akers, who was released last week. However, the team does plan to act swiftly once free agency begins, and with Tynes not expected back with the Giants, he would make sense for the NFC Champions.
Tynes is no stranger to San Francisco or Candlestick Park, having kicked the game-winning field goal in overtime to send the Giants onto Super Bowl XLVI.
In addition to Tynes, the 49ers are also rumored to have interest in Shayne Graham, Jason Hanson and Steven Hauschka.
For the Giants, they may be prepared to head into the 2013 season with David Buehler as their kicker, but don't be surprised if they bring in a few other names and make a competition out of it.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1 Giants 101 on Google+
- Looking for 2013 NFL Draft news? Follow On The Clock 101 on Twitter and like On The Clock 101 on Facebook
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- New York Giants Unlikely to Re-Sign Kicker Lawrence Tynes
- San Francisco 49ers’ Joe Staley on 26-3 Week 6 Loss to New York Giants: “We Just Weren’t On”
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/r2y