It took mere moments for news to spread that the New York Giants had agreed to terms with veteran defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins on Sunday night. And mere moments after that, defensive captain Justin Tuck extended his welcome to the newest member of Big Blue's defensive line.
"Welcome to the gold young brother. We got a lot of work to do," Tuck tweeted to Jenkins.
The comment has stirred a bit of controversy amongst Giants fans who interpreted it a variety of different ways, but ultimately, Tuck is saying the team (collectively) has a lot of work to do to improve upon their disappointing 2012 campaign.
He's right. And they do.
Alas, the signing of Jenkins immediately fills an area of need for the Giants. He can come in and likely assume the role vacated by the release of Chris Canty, while adding solid depth at a position surrounded by question marks.
The signing of Jenkins also likely means the Giants' interest in defensive tackles Jay Alford and Sen’Derrick Marks is a thing of the past.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1 Giants 101 on Google+
- Looking for 2013 NFL Draft news? Follow On The Clock 101 on Twitter and like On The Clock 101 on Facebook
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- New York Giants, Cullen Jenkins Agree to Three-Year Deal
- New York Giants to Meet with Former Philadelphia Eagles DT Cullen Jenkins
- New York Giants’ Justin Tuck: I Don’t Know If I’ll Play on Sunday
- New York Giants Keep or Dump: Justin Tuck
- New York Giants’ Justin Tuck: “I Plan on Being Here a Very Long Time”
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/r2c