Quarterback David Carr has admittedly loved his time with the New York Giants, serving as the back-up to Eli Manning in four of the last five seasons. However, the former No. 1 overall draft pick is now looking for one last chance at starting in the NFL and, as it turns out, at least two teams may be willing to give him that opportunity.
Jenny Vrentas of The Star-Ledger reports that two teams, in addition to the Giants, have expressed interest in Carr and one of them may be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Of course, the Bucs would make the most sense as former Giants quarterback coach Mike Sullivan is in his second season as their offensive coordinator. He had a great relationship with Carr during his time with Big Blue, and is obviously very familiar with Carr's athletic ability.
There has been little-to-no speculation on who the other team might be, although there are a number of teams around the league who could use a starting quarterback or at least a little competition at the position. One of them is the New York Jets, although it's almost a certainty they aren't interested – they're essentially stuck with both Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow.
Should Carr leave via free agency, the Giants will be left with Curtis Painter as their sole back-up. They could stick with him, call old friend Ryan Perrilloux or look toward free agency to find a veteran to fill the void. They could also, as they've done in the past, draft a late-round QB or sign an undrafted rookie free agent as a developmental project.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1 Giants 101 on Google+
- Looking for 2013 NFL Draft news? Follow On The Clock 101 on Twitter and like On The Clock 101 on Facebook
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- New York Giants QB David Carr Will Test Free Agency; Tampa Bay Buccaneers Interested?
- New York Giants Have Expressed Interest in Defensive Tackle Sen’Derrick Marks
- New York Giants’ David Wilson Named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week
- NFL Free Agency Rumors: New York Giants Showing an Interest in Danny Amendola
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/r2i