Ex-Giant Ahmad Bradshaw Cleared to Visit Teams; Will Be Ready by OTAs

March 9th, 2013 at 6:30 AM
By Casey Sherman

After being cut by the New York Giants, running back Ahmad Bradshaw has finally received clearance to visit with teams around the league.

'Bradshaw Sweep' photo (c) 2008, Ted Kerwin - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

Bradshaw had surgery in January on his right foot, an injury that plagued him all season. He received some encouraging news during a visit with Dr. Robert Anderson in North Carolina. A source close to Bradshaw said his foot is feeling "great," and "his foot is healing perfectly." The six year running back is on pace to be healthy in time for OTAs.

Before he can participate in OTAs, he must first find a team to sign with. Bradshaw has expressed interest in resigning with the Giants at a discount, and has also stated he wouldn't rule out playing for his former crosstown rival, however the Jets are reportedly uninterested.

There's no denying Bradshaw's ability, but his health issues could result in teams being hesitant to sign him.

Tags: Ahmad Bradshaw, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL

12 Responses to “Ex-Giant Ahmad Bradshaw Cleared to Visit Teams; Will Be Ready by OTAs”

1.  Dirt says:

Bradshaw could ask for $5 and Reese wouldn’t sign him. If he were to return, it would again stunt Wilson’s growth.

And after Reese filled a small paragraph quote recently with 4 statements of “the young guys gotta play,” he’s not going to give Coughlin his crutch back.

2.  The Original G Man says:

“I want to congratulate you on your new business and I’m sure you’ll do very well. Good luck to you, as long as your interests don’t conflict with mine.”
    - Vito Corleone

3.  Hanshi says:

Where’s Dan? He commented on this yesterday:

Giants | Mathias Kiwanuka could move back to DL

New York Giants LB Mathias Kiwanuka could be moved back to defensive end if they team pursues a veteran linebacker in free agency or in the early rounds of the NFL Draft.

Source: New York Daily News – Ralph Vacchiano |

——————————————————————————–

Giants | Daryl Smith could be targeted

The New York Giants could pursue free-agent LB Daryl Smith (Jaguars) (groin) as a mentor to a young linebacker they take in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft.

• Dan BentonDan Benton says:

That’s a lot of coulds and ifs. A monkey could fly out of my rear-end if I farted.

•  Hanshi says:

Everything is a MAYBE until it happens.
        Enjoy your monkey. lol

• Dan BentonDan Benton says:

I just don’t see it unless they suddenly get deep and talented at LB. If they don’t, why move your best remaining LB to DE where you have two people starting ahead of him and a ton of other potential talent in reserve? Makes no sense.

•  Hanshi says:

I see it because Kiwi is a good LBer but a better, more natural DE. I think Rivers could be back or another veteran LBer with the young guys we have on the roster we’ll be better with him at DE. But, we’ll see.

• Dan BentonDan Benton says:

But, again, this is a lot of “could be” and “maybe” stuff. Yes, if the Giants suddenly develop a solid LB core, I see Kiwi going back to full-time DE. If they don’t, he won’t. He can’t. They can’t.

•  Hanshi says:

You seem to get the most comments on here when there’s a debate. Maybe you could do an article about this but be sure to cover both sides of the debate.

• Dan BentonDan Benton says:

Would be a good idea, but one of the other writers would have to tackle that. I barely have enough time to grab the news these days.

4.  rlhjr says:

Dan I see your logic and respect your view of Kiwi. I just take a deep breath when Kiwi is categorized as a linebacker. Yes, despite his doing a “yeomen” like job of it when asked to.

But I feel it’s no secret that he’s far better as a defensive end. Also, if the Giants operate as a committee along the defensive line, Kiwi can be of help especially with youngsters including JPP in need of veteran guidance. It seems that Tuck is not an especially good leader by example or attitude lately.

My doubt about Kiwi being a DE again is his strength and weight. I could be that being positioned at SAM has forfeited his ability to play DE. Especially the physical requirement. Upper body, leg drive and stamina. It’s a different game unless you constantly switch back and forth in the same season. It also helps to be athletically freakish. Kiwi is above average athletically, but far from freakish IMO. He did show early in his career he was able to drop in coverage and not be embarrassed. Mentally he’s damn good but so is Blackburn.
    But he does not make plays. So maybe in the Giants scheme of things, that’s enough.

• Dan BentonDan Benton says:

I’ve never suggested he’s a better LB than a DE. I’m not even suggesting I’d use his as a LB instead of a DE. I’m simply stating that he’s currently a LB/DE and more important to the team at the LB position right now than the DE position. Should they shore up the LB unit, he’s better served as a DE. But the chances that’s going to happen are slim.