Could the New York Giants possibly set their sights on free agent linebacker Daryl Smith? They are in the market for a linebacker or two, and Smith, who was rated the #1 free agent linebacker by Pro Football Focus, would make sense.
On Friday, a Florida Times-Union report suggested the union may happen, listing Big Blue as a potential suitor for Smith.
"And the New York Giants, who are looking for linebackers, could be a new home for Smith," the article read.
Originally drafted in the second-round of the 2004 NFL Draft, Smith has spent his entire career with the Jacksonville Jaguars, largely flying under the radar because he plays for a small market team. However, Smith has been quite successful while in the shadows, and had missed only four games over the span of eight seasons prior to missing 14 games in 2012 due to a groin injury.
In 126 career games, Smith has collected 538 tackles, 21.5 sacks and six interceptions.
While the prospect of Smith to the Giants is an intriguing one, it's important to remember that the Florida Times-Union merely suggested Big Blue could be interested. In other words, it's far from certain.
Also…Daryl Smith, Football, Jacksonville, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York, New York Giants, NFL
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Ramses Barden’s Agent Says New York Giants “Have Interest in Re-Signing” the Wideout
- New York Giants Must Find Solution at Middle Linebacker This Offseason
- New York Giants Will Look to Re-Sign Linebacker Chase Blackburn
- Agent of Linebacker Keith Rivers Says There “Will Be Discussions” with New York Giants About Return
- Potential New York Giants Free Agent Target: Baltimore Ravens Linebacker Dannell Ellerbe
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/qot