Though the status of New York Giants free agent Osi Umenyiora's football career may be up in the air, he was able to shore up a big part of his personal life. A year after receiving his second Super Bowl ring, Umenyiora was the one giving a ring away. It was reported by the New York Daily News that he recently proposed to his girlfriend Leila Lopes, aka Miss Universe 2011.
Osi, tweeted a picture of himself kissing 26-year-old Lopes with the caption "my beautiful fianceé." Their wedding is tentatively scheduled for sometime in 2014.
Lopes is a native of Angola, while the 31-year-old Umenyiora was born in England before moving to Nigeria, then the United States. The two were first introduced by publicist and President of Cole Entertainment Group B.J. Coleman during last year's fashion week. The two started dating soon after, and decided to make it official.
It will be interesting to see where the happy couple decides to call home. Only time will tell which team Umenyiora will ultimately land with.
Also…Football, Leila Lopes, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Osi Umenyiora
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Osi Umenyiora Will “Bet His Life” New York Giants Fans Miss Him Next Season
- New York Giants’ 2013 Free Agent List
- New York Giants Free Agent Contract Focus: Where is It?
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Expected to Pursue New York Giants Free Agent TE Martellus Bennett
- New York Giants Free Agent Profile: WR Domenik Hixon, Will He Stay or Will He Go?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/qb6