Martellus Bennett is sure to receive some superb offers once free agency officially begins in mid-March, but the tight end revealed on Thursday that he remains focused on returning to the New York Giants if they're willing to have him back. He called Big Blue his first option, with wherever his Brother, Michael Bennett, ends up being his second.
"Everyone keeps asking me about free agency. My outlook is NYG and if not wherever my brother is most likely," Bennett tweeted.
Bennett has remained steadfast with his desire to return to New York, saying at one point he'd like to retire there. And why not? The Giants organization gave him an opportunity to revitalize his career after the Dallas Cowboys essentially threw him away, and revitalize he did. Not only did Bennett prove he's one of the league's top all-around tight ends, but he's also embraced the business culture in New York, and has begun to set himself up for life after football.
In 16 games last season, Bennett hauled in 55 passes for 626 yards and five touchdowns. He did that while playing through an excruciatingly painful injury, and both the stats and toughness will be something sorely missed if the Giants are unable to re-sign him. However, they remain hopeful about bringing him back.
Also…Dallas, Dallas Cowboys, Football, Martellus Bennett, Michael Bennett, New York, New York Giants, NFL
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- New York Giants’ Martellus Bennett Wants to Remain with Team; Would Consider “Hometown Discount”
- New York Giants’ Martellus Bennett Rated No. 1 Pending Free Agent Tight End
- New York Giants Hope to Re-Sign Tight End Martellus Bennett
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Expected to Pursue New York Giants Free Agent TE Martellus Bennett
- New York Giants Free Agent Profile: TE Martellus Bennett, Will He Stay or Will He Go?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/q2z