February 8th, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Earlier this week, shortly after being voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, retired Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive lineman Warren Sapp chose to use his brand new pedestal to take a shot at legendary New York Giants defensive end Michael Strahan.

“Absolutely [I was concerned]," Sapp told WDAE in Tampa earlier this week. "Say if I rewind this to Saturday at 12 o’clock me and you are sitting and I say, ‘It breaks down whatever and whatever and then you have Michael Strahan and me. C’mon, the menace and the media darling,' C’mon. Madness, or Good Morning America? I mean, c’mon.”

Expecting Sapp to accept this honor with any class or dignity was foolish of anyone, especially when you consider that there's no love lost between these two. But even for Sapp, having his first order of business be a shot at Strahan was a new low. And it was something Strahan certainly didn't appreciate.

“You never cease to amaze me!” Strahan tweeted to Sapp early Friday morning. “Enjoy your moment. You don’t need to take a shot at me to justify yourself to other people.”

Sapp wasted no time in his reply, simply stating "you got my number!"

"You have my number, too. I'm a grown man and handle myself like one. Respect me and I respect you!" Strahan shot back.

Bottom line? If additional evidence was needed proving Strahan was more deserving of the Pro Football Hall of Fame than Sapp, this is it. As has been the case throughout their careers, Strahan has not only been the better football player, but the better man. When Sapp was voted in, Strahan offered his congratulations and accepted it like a man. On the other end of the spectrum, Sapp used it as a tool to attack a man he's always been jealous of.

Inferiority complex's are very difficult to deal with, and Sapp is obviously struggling with his.

Tags: Football, Michael Strahan, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Warren Sapp

20 Responses to “Retired New York Giants DE Michael Strahan Fires Back at Warren Sapp Over Hall of Fame Comment”

1.  kujo says:

Sapp is a straight up bag of d*ck.

•  rlhjr says:

A ture idiot. Hope all read what I posted about the original event a couple of days ago. This POS has as much class as a out of work teacher.

2.  The Original G Man says:

Repost …

Via Ralph:

A snowy Friday look at who some of the new mock drafts have the Giants taking with the 19th pick …

NFL.COM MOCK DRAFTS

Bucky Brooks — Alabama OT D.J. Fluker
    Daniel Jeremiah — Georgia LB Alec Ogletree
    Charles Davis — Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert
    Gil Brandt — Notre Dame LB Manti Te’o
    Albert Breer – Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

WALTERFOOTBALL.COM MOCK DRAFTS

WalterFootball.com – Georgia LB Alec Ogletree

Charlie Campbell– LSU DE/LB Sam Montgomery

CBS/NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM MOCK DRAFTS

Rob Rang – Stanford TE Zack Ertz
    Dane Brugler – BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah

Sporting News/AOL – Georgia LB Alec Ogletree

•  kujo says:

Fluker is a right tackle prospect, correct? If we resign Beatty, and they believe Brewer isn’t going to be the guy, perfect.

3.  Levito says:

Clearly character doesn’t have anything to do with HOF selections. If it did, Sapp would’t ever get in without paying admission. As far as careers go, it’s hard for me to take off the fan goggles here. Both had great careers, I guess the HOF selection could have gone either way. I guess Parcells getting in made it harder to push 2 Giants through in the same year.

4.  James Stoll says:

As a result of Sapp’s comments, I vote for Coughlin to be fired.

Really, in the end, who cares? In five years when kids are roaming through the halls in Canton will it matter that Michael Strahan was admitted in his first, or his second, eligible year? Not at all. Does it matter that Sapp showed little class and Stray showed plenty? Yeah, but let’s not get overly excited about Sapp’s issues. They don’t affect much. They sure won’t affect Strahan, who is living a life most can hardly dream about.

Pretty much a non-issue in my book.

•  rlhjr says:

You’re correct 55. It’s just that he’s so irritatingly stupid and bereft of class.
      He’s simply too easy a target to resist rebuke.

6.  rlhjr says:

Abraham Lincoln once said:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Dedicated to Mr. Warren (dumb a$$) Sapp

Those mock drafts are pretty meaningless at this point, but I wouldn’t rule out anything for the Giants this year.

I still think it should be a corner, and O-lineman or an exceptional D-lineman. But not one of the players mentioned would upset me. I’m not a huge Te’o fan (nothing to do with the off-field stuff, everything to do with disappearing against ‘Bama) but I trust Reese, Ross and our scouts so if they choose him he will almost certainly be the MIKE we’ve needed for years.

Ogletree to me seems the only mike that really might be worth #19. There is a fair question of if he can carry the weight and physicality of a 4-3 MLB. But he has explosive athletic in the middle and would really to wonders for Fewell’s scheme.

I have stated many times over since our season ended that the OL was better than common thought here on 101. The issue with the OL is RT, depth and its aging but the 2012 unit played well enough for us to accomplish our goals. The 2012 unit was much better than 2011. Beatty was a big improvement as was Lockear before he got hurt. Bennett also was a huge help. Our running game was top 10 in yards per carry. We even were pretty good in short yardage before Brown got injured. While the OL can be improved I think the concern is much more on the other side of the ball if we return Beatty, Boothe and Bennett.

I think the mock drafts predicting TE or DE are dead wrong. TE even if we can’t re-sign Bennett won’t be addressed with a 1st round pick. DE I think with Kiwi, Tracy and Ojomo behind the starters won’t get a first round investment with the other glaring needs we have. DE is one of the few positions we are well stocked at assuming Tracy and Ojomo will have a greater chance to contribute next year.

LB is like RB last year, a position we don’t draft early but is a huge need.

First round always leans a bit more towards value than ensuing rounds. There’s more likely a surprise there than the others.