When former New York Giants head coach Bill Parcells is officially inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio on August 3rd, it will be his former team captain, George Martin, who will act as his presenter.
Parcells acknowledged that the decision was a difficult one, naming off a series of other players he could have chosen, but he has always shared a close relationship with Martin. Accordingly, it seems only fitting that the former defensive lineman gets the call.
Shortly after the announcement was made on Saturday that Parcells had been voted in, he was asked by Steve Serby of the New York Post what his message would be for the Giants fans who hold him in such high regard after two Super Bowl championships. He answered the same way any true Giant would…
“Once a Giant, always a Giant, you know that," Parcells said.
Also…Bill Parcells, Football, George Martin, Harry Carson, New York, New York Giants, NFL
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Michael Strahan, Bill Parcells & George Young Among 27 Modern-Era Semifinalists for Hall of Fame
- Players, Coaches & Owners React to Bill Parcells’ Hall of Fame Selection
- Bill Parcells, Michael Strahan Among 2013 Pro Football Hall of Fame Finalists
- New York Giants Legend Bill Parcells Elected to Pro Football Hall of Fame; Michael Strahan Snubbed
- Retired New York Giants DE Michael Strahan Looks at Hall of Fame Snub as “Delayed Blessing”
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pn3