Which Postgame Rant was Better: Anna Burns Welker or Gisele Bundchen?

January 22nd, 2013 at 8:30 AM

The New England Patriots do not handle losing very well. Following Tom Brady's final incomplete pass of Super Bowl XLII, head coach Bill Belichick walked off the field and into the locker-room before the final seconds ticked off the clock. Following Super Bowl XLVI, Brady sat at his locker, a towel wrapped over his head, and sobbed for more than 30 minutes. Meanwhile, out in the corridor, his wife, Gisele Bundchen, unleashed a vulgar rant about his wide receivers.

'Gisele Bundchen & Tom Brady' photo (c) 2012, Zennie Abraham - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/

That sort of postgame madness continued on Sunday following a 28-13 loss to the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC Championship game. This time however, it was Anna Burns Welker, the wife of wide receiver Wes Welker, who jumped onto Facebook and took aim at Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis.

"Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay! What a hall of fame player! A true role model!" she wrote.

The former Miss Hooters International has since apologized and removed her post, but not before it spread like wildfire. The irony of the situation is that a year ago, Bundchen's losing rant focused on Anna's husband, Wes.

“You [have] to catch the ball when you’re supposed to catch the ball,” Bundchen said after Super Bowl XLVI. “My husband cannot f—- throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can’t believe they dropped the ball so many times.”

Bundchen's rant prompted a reply from then-running back Brandon Jacobs, who told her to "stay cute and shut up." He later apologized.

But we ask you, Giants nation, which postgame meltdown was better: Anna Burns Welker and Gisele Bundchen?

Tags: Anna Burns Welker, Baltimore, Baltimore Ravens, Bill Belichick, Football, Gisele Bundchen, New England, New England Patriots, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Ray Lewis, Super Bowl XLVI, Tom Brady, Wes Welker

15 Responses to “Which Postgame Rant was Better: Anna Burns Welker or Gisele Bundchen?”

1.  G-MenFan says:

Gisele’s rant was whiny, ****, and profanity-laced.

Anna’s was better. She wasn’t emasculating her husband in public by coming to his defense–she was making a social commentary.

Anna’s rant was way better, but I did enjoy Gisele’s more because of the circumstances.

Anna’s also way hotter.

3.  JimStoll says:

I must say, as much as I rail against Coughlin, it is times like these (including Bill’s CBS snub after the game) that makes me glad our team doesn’t behave this way in defeat

While it wasn’t a “rant” per se, by far the greatest post-game comment of all time was when Duane Thomas (the Cowboys’ great running back and malcontent par excellent, who had refused to speak to not only the media but his teammates for an entire season), who had just run for a gazillion yards in the Super Bowl and been voted the MVP was asked by Tom Brookshier (I think….maybe it was someone else but I remember it being Brookshier) “Are you really that fast?”. Thomas’ response? “Evidently”.

That guy was a nut case, but also one of the greatest running backs that most of you never saw. If he hadn’t had a screw loose he could have been one of the truly great ones. No one will EVER have a better post-game comment than that one.

•  Samardzija says:

Better then “Im a man, Im 40″? LoL

C’mon. Guy refuses to speak for an entire season and then lays down the perfect passive/aggressive response to an inane question. You cannot get much better than that.

By the way, Thomas also came up with one of the greatest pre-game remarks of all time. During the “press day” prior to an earlier Super Bowl (I don’t remember which one) when if you refused to speak to the press Rozelle laid down heavy fines Thomas was sullenly dealing with the press corps that had gotten practically nothing out of him all season. One of them asked him something to the effect of “How does it feel to be playing in the ultimate game?” and Thomas responded “If it’s the ultimate game, how come they play it next season too?”

The guy was priceless. He was a bundle of anger and resentment, and a confused kid, but he was very smart and very talented. Those two comments actually punctured a lot of the until-then stupid badinage between the media and the players, where everything was pretty much scripted. For those of us who were part of the overall rebellion against the status-quo Duane Thomas was the perfect anti-hero for the times, even if he was a hated Cowboy (it was okay, because he hated the Cowboys every bit as much as any of us did).

Is Bill Belichick a great football coach? Yes. He’s smarter, more innovative, and more flexible than just about any of the others out there (although some of the “new breed” coaches are probably going to give him a run for his money). Is he a paragon of virtue? Hardly. Is he a great moulder of men? Nope.

Tom Coughlin is so much more as a man than Bill Belichick will ever be. He’s the kind of coach who, like a small minority of other leaders, has an influence upon his charges that will last all their lives and make them better for it. I just wish he were as willing to step back and reassess his environment as ably as Belichick has done over the years. While he could afford to learn a few tricks from Belichick, the latter could afford to learn an awful lot from the guy who leads the Giants.

I’ll take Coughlin every day over that jerk.

•  F0XLIN says:

While Belichick still is a great coach and continues to churn out winning seasons he will always have a monkey on his back unless he wins again

12-2 3 Super Bowls pre spygate

5-5 0 Super Bowls post spygate

Thanks to the “clown” organizations in his division, he’ll likely get plenty more opportunities to get there as long as Brady keeps playing.

•  TuckThis says:

While I agree that Belichick is certainly a “jerk,” he will be judged on his win/loss/Superbowl record …not on his ability to mold men! In the annals of football, Belichick will win over Coughlin every day of the week. My guess is that most of us don’t root for our football team because they are upstanding citizens.

I wish Coughlin were a bit more moldable and able to make some changes in the game plan. He’s too rigid, imo.

Head-to-head over the Eli Manning Era the score is Coughlin 2, Belichick 0.

I don’t disagree with you about whether TC could be more flexible. But you cannot say that over the past decade that Belichick is the better coach when he has been beaten when it most counted both times by our “inflexible Head Coach”.

The score is also Eli Manning 2, Tom Brady 0, with Eli outplaying Brady both times and making incredible plays down the stretch.

Yeah, Brady and Belichick have three rings, but they ARE tainted, regardless of whether any of us believe the “spygate” stuff gave them enough of an advantage to make the difference in three very close games. In my opinion, it did, but I’m not here to argue that. What I AM here to say is that head-to-head, when the most chips were on the table, the Coughlin-Manning duo is undefeated against the Belichick-Brady duo.

So I wouldn’t even concede that the losing part of that equation will wind up being deemed “better”. The rivalry may not be over. Let’s see how it plays out.

Repost:

Kevros says:
    January 21, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    Repost:

Kevros says:
    January 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    The new CBA:

Starting on page 92 Valuation of Player Contracts, it talks about what pieces count against the cap and when. It’s pretty confounded legal talk, but it seems pretty similar to the old CBA when it comes to calculating cap hits…

Kevros says:
    January 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    I calculated a rough estimate of what the team would save by cutting the three players FF55 mentioned above. The numbers are based on Rotoworld’s contract details which are a simplified since nobody (outside of the Giants organization) really knows all of the working parts of a player’s contract.

Cutting Canty would save $920k.
    Cutting Webster would save $3.67m.
    Cutting Boley would save $2.05m.

fanfor55years says:
    January 21, 2013 at 1:01 PM
    So, obviously, cutting Canty makes absolutely no sense. Can we all agree on that?

Webster is a tougher choice. Restructure would seem in order.

As I’ve said, the depth behind Boley allows Reese to consider cutting him, but for a savings of only $2.05MM I would certainly not. I think he’s still our best linebacker. I like Rivers, but before I’d sign him again at something like $1.25MM I’d probably allocate that money to keeping Boley. he has been quite productive whereas Rivers is still largely “potential”.

If this is correct then I agree with F55 about Canty. It even seems with Canty restructuring would be hard unless we add another year. But adding another year could be dangerous.

I assumed that more money than this would be saved by cutting Webster. Though saving 3.7 mil is a lot it still doesn’t replace Webster if we would sign a free agent. At least not with a player that doesn’t have even more questions than Webster. Though it is a chance given Webster’s performance this year given this info I can see a restructure by adding another year and 2-3 mil. This would create a 2 year 10 mil type of deal for Webster. I know many will not want that but when I consider Ross signed for 3 year 15 mil last year, it’s not the worse idea sense an early round CB might not be ready for a starting role until 2015.

Boley is just a matter of what we think of Paysinger and Williams. If we feel that those 2 by 2013 are Boley’s equal or close then we let him go. If that’s not the case then he stays. I think we let him go but keeping him is definitely possible.

7.  kujo says:

It’s tough, but you gotta give the nod to Giselle, if for no other reason than for accuracy’s sake. While it’s true that Lewis was involved in the murder of 2 people, and does have 6 kids, he did not have them with 4 different wives. In fact, he’s never been married at all.

So, Giselle’s statement that Tom couldn’t throw AND catch the ball himself wins out.

It seems unrealistic to me no matter the player that we would expect the 19th pick to replace Beatty in the starting lineup for game #1 next year if he’s not re-signed. I can see drafting a player for RT maybe but not LT. I understand how many view Beatty but given our cap situation an extra 3 mil for Clady or Long just might not be possible. I think the more likely not Beatty signing would be a mid tier free agent LT like Branden Albert or Sam Baker. We are fortunate that this seems to be the best OT free agent class in a while. So Beatty doesn’t have quite the power he would have in another season because their are reasonable replacements out there. Plus looking at the rankings below maybe Beatty is capable of being elite. He has basically played only 2 years so his upside could be more than he’s shown.