In addition to safety David Caldwell and offensive lineman Chris DeGeare, the New York Giants announced on Tuesday that they have also signed former Cleveland Browns offensive guard Bryant Browning to a reserve/futures contract.
Browning, who went undrafted in 2011 out of Ohio State University, first signed with the St. Louis Rams and then the Carolina Panthers after being waived. He spent the majority of his rookie season on the teams' practice squad, but did see a little action in two games.
In 2012, the 6'4'', 325 lbs. lineman spent the year on the Cleveland Browns' practice squad.
Browning's signing now brings the Giants' total to 16 players in less than a week. The entire list includes cornerback LaRon Scott, guards Stephen Goodin, Michael Jasper and Chris DeGeare, tackles Levy Adcock and Matt McCants, tight end Larry Donnell, defensive end Matt Broha, quarterback Curtis Painter, wide receivers Brandon Collins and Kevin Hardy, defensive back Trumaine McBride, defensive tackle Bobby Skinner, linebacker Jake Muasau, safety David Caldwell and, of course, Browning.
Although most of these names will wind up being roster filler and mini-camp/training camp fodder, it's important to remember that quite a few of them spent time with the Giants and six ended the season on the practice squad. It is possible there's an impact player among the bunch.
Also…Bryant Browning, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- New York Giants Sign OL Chris DeGeare to a Reserve/Futures Contract
- New York Giants Sign Safety David Caldwell to Reserve/Futures Contract
- New York Giants Sign Six Players to Reserve/Futures Contracts
- New York Giants Sign Curtis Painter, Michael Jasper & Five Others to Reserve/Futures Contracts
- New York Giants Terminate Contract of Paul Fenaroli; Sign Levy Adcock to Practice Squad
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/omv