New York Giants’ Henry Hynoski Unleashes the Hynocerous: Video

January 2nd, 2013 at 8:30 AM

In what was a highly-charged, emotional football game played in front of nearly 400 students, teachers and faculty from Sandy Hook Elementary School, the New York Giants dismantled the Philadelphia Eagles 42-7. The game would prove to be the last of the Andy Reid era in Philadelphia, and also the final game of the Giants' season. It did, however, offer a highlight for the ages when fullback Henry Hynoski scored on a one-yard pass from Eli Manning. It was the first of his career, and to celebrate, he introduced us all to the Hynocerous.

Hynoski said after the game that it's something he and teammate Spencer Paysinger have been working on for quite some time. In fact, it had already become a popular dance in the Hynoski household, and something that was broken out on Christmas Day … but not by Henry.

“Actually, on Christmas Day, we were teasing him about it, and my one niece did a similar dance. I don’t know if he got it from her,” Kathy Hynoski, Henry's Mother, said recently.

But when her son finally got into the endzone on Sunday, she actually missed the celebration … initially. So thrilled that their son had finally scored an NFL touchdown, the two embraced and missed the epic celebration. They did, however, catch it on replay.

“I was hugging my husband, so I had to see it again on the big screen,” she said.

The Hynoski's would receive one final surprise on Sunday as FOX Sports announcer and retired Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman found his way over to them.

"[Aikman] came up and asked if we are Henry’s parents,” she said. “He then said, ‘I want to tell you, I’m his biggest fan.’ And he congratulated us and said he is so impressed with Henry.”

Long live the Hynocerous!

Tags: Football, Henry Hynoski, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Spencer Paysinger

11 Responses to “New York Giants’ Henry Hynoski Unleashes the Hynocerous: Video”

He’s the kind of player every successful team needs. Knows his role … plays hard … and causes no trouble.

2.  kujo says:

Last year, once the lockout was officially over and teams could scramble to sign the undrafted free agents, I wanted two players–Herzlich and Hynoski.

3.  G-MenFan says:

So, how many “animal” end zone dances have there been now? I can only think of HH’s “Rino” and the “dirty bird” from the ’98 Falcons.

4.  Dirt says:

If Hixon wants more than the vet minimum, I’d say “thanks for all you’ve done”. Too many other needs, time to see if one of the cheaper guys can be a 4th receiver.

I think that goes without saying. He might squeeze a little more out of Reese, but basically it’s that.

I think Hixon is clearly worth more than the vet minimum. While he might not be a great player or even a quality starter at this point he’s a good back up. He knows are system and can backup multiple WR spots. He also is a proven returner and special teams player. While he no longer seems dynamic as a returner he’s sure handed and better than most. I think he’s worth in the 1.5 mil range. He might be worth more to another team because he can be their 3rd WR.

But it might be time to cut ties with Hixon because I think Jernigan is ready to at least contribute next year. We can draft another WR and use Douglass for our 5th and 6th WRs.

•  Levito says:

There’s something to be said for a WR who has some chemistry with Eli. While Hixon may not be a game changing WR, it’s pretty much guaranteed that the Giants can’t make it through the entire season next year without Nicks, Barden and/or Cruz missing some time, and possibly at the same time. Having a WR on the team who’s worked with Eli longer than any other WR on the roster is a nice security blanket for the passing game.

And as GOAT said, he’s a sure handed returner. If Coughlin was willing to keep McQuarters to return punts just because of his hands, I’m sure he’s happy to keep Hixon, who can actually catch the ball and make a guy or two miss.

Team chemistry is exceedingly important. Hixon is not only a better-than-average returner and a better-than-average #4-5 receiver, but also a top locker room presence and a guy who does things the right way. They will try very hard to retain him, as they should.

Jernigan may be ready to do some things in this offense, but he probably will not be an outside receiver, so the team will need a depth receiver who CAN be that, and Hixon looks like the best current bet.

I’ll be surprised if they do not draft a receiver and make a strong attempt to keep Hixon.

6.  djmellomel says:

We need to keep Hixon i justt don’t know about Jernigan…….Hixon is a better-than-average receiver i say we should just draft another WR,LB,SS,OT,…………LOL.