Many thought that when the Baltimore Ravens placed linebacker Jameel McClain (spinal contusion) on Injured Reserve it would signal the return of Ray Lewis. However, when McClain was placed on IR Saturday, it wasn't Lewis who got the call. Instead, Baltimore signed Adrian Hamilton off of their practice squad and left Lewis on short-term IR.
Fellow linebacker Paul Kruger said the return of Lewis would have been "huge," and even the New York Giants fully anticipated seeing him on Sunday, but it now looks like the veteran won't return until the playoffs.
Meanwhile, Dannell Ellerbe (ankle) is also questionable for Sunday's game against the Giants, leaving the Ravens with only three healthy inside linebackers: Albert McClellan, Josh Bynes and Brendon Ayanbadejo.
Not having their emotional leader on the field is a huge blow for the Ravens, especially when so many expected him to return this weekend. For the Giants, it's a relatively lucky break considering their own injury situation, coupled with their dire need to win this game. Now they must capitalize on it.
Also…Baltimore, Baltimore Ravens, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Ray Lewis
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- New York Giants Safety Kenny Phillips Says He Will Play Against Baltimore Ravens
- John Harbaugh: Baltimore Ravens Do not Fear New York Giants Pass Rush
- New York Giants, Baltimore Ravens Week 16 Game Flexed to 4:25 PM EST
- New York Giants Running Back Ahmad Bradshaw Says He Will Play Against Baltimore Ravens
- Seven New York Giants “Questionable” for Week 16 Game Against Baltimore Ravens
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/o5s