December 17th, 2012 at 2:33 PM
By Paul Tierney

'Super Bowl-6-2' photo (c) 2012, Stephen Luke - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ After getting obliterated by the Atlanta Falcons 34-0 on Sunday afternoon, watching the Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys overtake them in the division and waking up this morning to answer an onslaught of questions regarding their shortcomings in Week 15, it's safe to say the New York Giants have not had an enjoyable last two days. However, there is finally some good news coming out of Giants camp today, as running back Ahmad Bradshaw informed the media that he plans to play against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.

Bradshaw missed Big Blue's matchup with the Falcons due to a sprained knee. The Giants rushing attack gained 97 yards without Bradshaw on Sunday, as David Wilson and Kregg Lumpkin each had runs of 20-plus yards. However, the Giants fell behind so early in the game that it was impossible to establish a sustained rushing attack.

Regardless of how the team performed last Sunday, the Giants will benefit from getting Bradshaw back this weekend. Not only does he provide stability in running the football, but he's played well in pass protection this season and is experienced within the offense. The Giants need him to be playing with effectiveness for the offense to be operating at full strength.

Obviously, Bradshaw's absence was far from the difference between the Giants winning and losing yesterday. There were breakdowns in all three phases for the duration of the matchup. However, he's a leader on this team and he needs to be on the field. Hopefully his return does not stunt the growth that we have seen from David Wilson in the last two weeks; but, it's important that the Giants are getting healthier as the playoffs approach.

Tags: Ahmad Bradshaw, Atlanta, Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore, Baltimore Ravens, Dallas Cowboys, David Wilson, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Washington Redskins

23 Responses to “New York Giants Running Back Ahmad Bradshaw Says He Will Play Against Baltimore Ravens”

1.  demo3356 says:

Glad to hear he is playing. Will be happier to hear Phillips and Prince will be back though..

Sure we don’t have a good #3 WR. There wasn’t any cash left for Mario after Kate and Rooney snorted all our cap dollars up their Hollywood noses. Cheap ba$tards.

— Frank

3.  kujo says:

I sure do wish some brave entrepreneur would devise a contraption that we could hook up to the space between FF55′s mouth and his joint. That way, when he starts vigorously “congratulating” himself, we could attempt to harness what has to be a maelstrom of energy being exchanged between his joint and his mouth. You’ve heard of fracking. This could be called “thwacking.”

•  kujo says:

Oh, and we’ll have to figure out a way to attach different nozzles to this device. That way, when Demo does the exact same thing that he’s b*tching about FF55 doing–beating everyone over the head with how “right” he is–he can use the device, too. You see, Demo has an enormous head, so when he gets to “congratulating” himself, his dong is likely to be pummeled into submission. If we could somehow creating a cushion that would comfort Demo’s noggin and provide safe harbor to his dong, we might have the greatest invention since the light bulb!

•  demo3356 says:

LOL! First of all I am 6’4 and 325, so I only wish I was hung enough to do that. If I was I’d be a movie star and be far to busy to post here
        Second of all how does keeping the faith in a team and fighting the good fight vs the AG’s get me lumped into same category as G101′s #1 Self contortionist knob gobbler. Everyone on this blog knows I had faith last year and pointed out or path to the playoffs when most had jumped off the bandwagon and was proven right. How does that compare? Weak sauce bro….

•  kujo says:

Hey, you’ve gotten your credit from me. In fact, as you well know, you’ve made a sorta convert out of me, though I still think the proof is in the pudding as it relates to the disintegration of our offensive line and the interior of our defensive line, both of which I’ve been harping on for years.

FF55 is the Coke of C-ck Sucking. But it’s not like you’re RC Cola, or Sam’s Choice!

Watching our coaching staff on the sidelines it reminds me of when there was a fire at the nursing home … and all the residents got turned out onto the street. I swear if the ball comes near Coughlin I half-expect him to pick it up and refuse to give it back. “Get off my lawn ya damn kids !!!”

— Frank

5.  Levito says:

Well, if anyone’s feeling down on the Giants right now, fear not. The team they play next week is down on themselves. Good time to be playing the Ravens: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/17/joe-flacco-ravens-are-9-5-and-we-feel-like-0-14/

•  demo3356 says:

yep, things are set up nicely for us. If we cant win the next 2 we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs.

6.  kujo says:

So, I see rlhjr and others have already turned their attention to the draft, convinced that this season is over because we have such glaring deficiencies. Well, I’ll tell you what big guy–the team that got Sanduskied yesterday was the same team that obliterated the Saints, annihilated the Packers and handed Alex Smith his latest a– kicking! Was yesterday one of the worst performances we’ve seen this team throw out there in a long time? You bet your sweet a– it was! But if you think this team is done, then you haven’t been watching much New York Giant football.

Prediction: we sneak into the playoffs again and go on a run, where we mushroom stamp Atlanta (again), beat up on Green Bay (again) and expose Krapernick and the 49ers (again). We then go on to beat New England in the Super Bowl (again) before selecting a WR with the 32nd pick in the 1st round.

7.  TuckThis says:

I have little faith the Giants can beat anyone at this point. The game yesterday was a total and utter fail in all aspects……from the coaching ( which absolutely stunk) to the D line to the offense. I think Eli and TC deserve the most blame, but there’s plenty to go around. Did someone need to send a memo to Gilbride that he had Bennett on the field? Anyway……

I don’t know if the Giants will or won’t make the playoffs at this point. The only thing they have going for them is that Dallas/Skins has to have a loser. Maybe not making the playoffs will be a wakeup call. We’ll see. Sorry, but that’s how I feel.

•  kujo says:

We go 10-6 and sneak into the playoffs. The rest you can read above.

•  kujo says:

For as many of performances like yesterday, we’ve had even more performances like the week before, and against Green Bay, and San Fran.

Keep the faith, TuckThis.

8.  Since 1963 says:

Win or lose this season, I hope the front office takes a good, hard look at this team and the way it works (or doesn’t). Is the inconsistency the lack of collective will, as Carl Banks said? Is it that the players who have the will lack the experience, and the ones who have the experience are too tired to put it out there? Or are there glaring needs on the OL and among the linebackers that really can’t be addressed by the players on the roster, and which demand greater attention?

I’d like to think that a victorious playoff run wouldn’t stop JR and TC from analyzing everything, including their own strategies, and deciding what has to change. But, human nature being what it is, success breeds complacency.

For instance, wouldn’t everybody like to know why we start 6-2, or something close to it, and either finish 2-6 or look as though we might? Are we too predictable in our game plans? Is it that the core players–the ones at the heart of the team–take things for granted, and so we’re without strong leaders? Is it that the coaches can’t motivate the players? In a sense, 8-8 or 9-7 are records a team earns whether it rips off all its victories at once, then all its losses, or vice versa. And yet, you have to wonder.

I’m going to re-post my earlier thoughts because it seems like too many have lost big picture perspective. I wish someone put the link back up from the Monday after the Redskins game #2. I admit like 99% of the posters I gave up on thoughts we could make the SB last year after that game. I won’t make the same mistake twice. Last year’s situation was more daunting than the one we currently face. We have an unusual group talent and leadship that seems to fail when expected to win but also seems to come through with their backs against the wall. So I think we are like “Jason” or “Freddie” until we are officially dead, never count us out. It’s ironic but it someways these years are like those Fassel years, just now we actaully play to our talents in keys spots or at least some of them.

Repost:

I admit I haven’t read a single post. If even I as an optimist feels as badly as I do I can only imagine what’s being posted here. Our division partners, Sea and Minn all won yesterday so it seemed like the worse nightmare we could all possibly imagine. Which it was nearly but luckily for us GB came through for us and beat Chicago. That allowed us to at least still be in control of our playoff destiny.

Yesterday’s game was extremely disappointing on many levels but I have to say the feeling I have is a lot like the second redskin loss last year. So while it’s reasonable to conclude we just don’t have it this year I won’t go there yet. We play Bmore in a game that’s very much like the Jet’s game last year. This will be almost a de facto playoff game as will Philly if we beat Bmore. As disappoint and frustrating as it is watching this team, we are still capable of playing great football. So saddle up for our first playoff game this season next week.

There are many complaints about the previous 15 weeks. But right now we are 2 games from the playoffs and that’s the way everyone must think. I still believe the team has utmost confidence they can Atlanta, SF of any other NFC team. The key is still getting into the playoffs. The only positive thing about this situation we have put ourselves in is we have to (9-7 is possible but unlikely) win our final 2 games so we can build some momentum heading into the playoffs if we win.

Today is for everyone to b*tch and complain so I might not read much because I certainly agree that’s everyone’s right. But I will say given that we have a faltering Bmore team and a bad Philly team left even if you don’t feel great about us winning these last 2 games is far from daunting. Now it’s all about just having the chance to repeat.

10.  Begiant says:

Lets not act like the Ravens and Eagles did not also get completely wrecked last week. All we have to do is beat a injury laden Ravens team that fired their Offensive coordinator and defeat a hapless Eagles team that has a coach waiting to be fired. We can and should make playoffs, especially considering we are the defending superbowl champions.