December 14th, 2012 at 12:45 PM

The New York Giants have a wide variety of injury problems headed into Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons, but they are not alone. The Falcons, too, have injury issues, including that of wide receiver Roddy White who has missed three straight practices this week with a knee injury.

"We’re going to be very cautious with Roddy in terms of getting ready for the ball game,” Falcons head coach Mike Smith said on Thursday. “He will not probably do a whole lot [Friday] or Saturday, and then we’ll get him out there on Sunday and see where he’s at. But it’s hard to keep Roddy White out of a football game.”

White again sat out on Friday, and the team has officially listed him as questionable, although it's more realistic that he'll be a game-time decision.

White, as you might recall, has taken several shots at the Giants, and namely wide receiver Victor Cruz, since the 24-2 drubbing in the divisional round of the playoffs a year ago. Not only did he proclaim Cruz was in for a "rude awakening" this year, he also questioned Cruz's talent, saying "big boys play on the outside."

In the event White is unable to play, Harry Douglas, who has 29 receptions for 286 yards this season, will get the nod.

Tags: Atlanta, Atlanta Falcons, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Roddy White

17 Responses to “Atlanta Falcons’ Roddy White Misses Third Practice; Game-Time Decision Against Giants”

If White is out, or even at only 75%, this matchup becomes even more favorable for us. If we don’t allow their running game to look a lot better than it is I think we may put a beating on them just like we did on the Niners in front of their obnoxious fans.

I liked our chances before knowing White was questionable. Now I REALLY like them (and I am assuming that KP, Prince and Bradshaw do not play).

I think white will play. But the question will be how effective he will be.

Atlanta doesn’t scare me. I know it sounds funny but I think NO was the toughest of these 4 games. Not to say these will all be blow outs but I just think match up wise they were.

2.  TuckThis says:

Bradshaw and Phillips definitely out Sunday. It’s official.

3.  TuckThis says:

Oh..and Prince as well.

Prince Amukamara, Ahmad Bradshaw, Kenny Phillips and Tyler Sash are OUT on Sunday. Michael Boley is QUESTIONABLE. Hakeem Nicks and JPP are PROBABLE.

•  Begiant says:

Will Hill seemed good last week forcing that fumble. I think it will be good to see him a little more this season

5.  Begiant says:

I am actually think I am worried about Hosely more than most here. While I wanted the Giants to draft him because of his physical gifts and ball hawking skills I have been less than impressed since he the Carolina game. I may be overblowing things but the 3rd down and long at the end of the Steelers game where Hosely got beat badly and the deep bomb RGIII threw to Santana on him is all I think about. I know he has made some nice plays however I am worried if he is going up against Julio Jones. I expect him to get better as his career goes on but at this point in time I am nervous

6.  Levito says:

?@Patricia_Traina

David Wilson is not only going to be the starting RB Sunday, he’s also going to remain the KO returner, per Coughlin.

•  Hanshi says:

I don’t remember who but, someone on here said that wouldn’t and couldn’t happen.

•  Levito says:

demo3356 says:
        December 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM
        Yeah Starting RB’s in the NFL do not return Kick offs, so I’d expect to see Jernigen and either Randle or Holsey returning kicks if Braddie is out and Wilson starts. Running backs take enough shots and we cant risk being left with Lumpkin and Torrain as our only two backs

7.  rlhjr says:

I think that the remainder of this year and the start of next barring injury, everyone will be schooled on just how good Will Hill and Steve Brown are.
    I do feel they both benefited from having Role and Phillips around.
    Both are very instinctive, move and tackle well. It may have taken longer for them to develop without the guys in front of them, but each would have flashed with the talent they show. (IMHO)

As to the concerns of Begiant:
    You saw the reason they call them rookies. I think Hosely lined up offside in the Steelers game. And you have seen Santana use plenty of DB’s this year. All because of RGII extending plays with his threat of running and scoring.

No doubt Hosely will be challenged Sunday. I don’t think he makes the same mistakes twice. It’s the example and leadership of Webster that worries me.
    Cory has to come through Sunday in a big way. He has to do for Hosely what Sam Madison did for him.

My next concern is the pressure this DL can put on Ryan. If they function well, they can help both corners tremendously. If they come up empty, the secondary will look like aged swiss.

And the young running back Atlanta has is very dangerous on dump offs or screens. He gets to the second level really fast when his blocking is good.
    He is very difficult to defend in space. He’s the type of player that really hurts the Giant defense and he bears watching.

8.  JimStoll says: