Washington Redskins’ Daniel Snyder on New York Giants: “I Hate Those Mother—–”

December 4th, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Prior to Monday night's game against the New York Giants, members of the Washington Redskins organization used Big Blue co-owner John Mara as a source of motivation and inspiration.They plastered his quote, which stated he felt both the Redskins and Dallas Cowboys got off easy for salary cap manipulation, all over their offices. In addition, they left notations on this paperwork hinting that the referees unfairly favored them (and the Atlanta Falcons).

"I think [the Redskins] are lucky they didn't lose draft picks," Mara said at the time penalties were levied. "I thought the penalties imposed were proper."

So, following a 17-16 victory over the Giants, it was no real surprise that Redskins owner Daniel Snyder was elated. It was, arguably, the biggest win the franchise has had under his tenure, and he celebrated accordingly. In fact, he may have taken it a little too far as he unprofessionally proclaimed his utter disdain for one of the NFL's classiest organizations.

"I hate those motherf–kers," Snyder told one staff member, per USA Today.

The anger and hatred doesn't flow both ways, however. The Giants and their fans love Snyder! And what's not to love? The franchise has been a laughing stock under him and, save for this season, has been completely irrelevant for many years. He offers a few chuckles each offseason as he spends carelessly like the New York Yankees, and then slowly vanishes into obscurity as the season wears on.

That said, the Redskins have beaten the Giants three out of their last four games, and with Robert Griffin III leading the way, they're going to be a thorn in blue's side for quite some time.

Maybe, just maybe, it's time to take the Redskins seriously again. But with an owner like Snyder, it's just so hard not to laugh.

Tags: Daniel Snyder, Football, John Mara, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Robert Griffin III, Washington, Washington Redskins

28 Responses to “Washington Redskins’ Daniel Snyder on New York Giants: “I Hate Those Mother—–””

1.  G-MenFan says:

What a crass, repulsive little worm of a man.

I could eat a bowl of Alphabits and crap a better football resume than this weasel and he has the nerve to make a comment like that about an organization like the Giants.

D***k.

2.  JimStoll says:

I’m much more worried about the beat-down the Skins laid on us on the field, then I am about what their owner says off

3.  JimStoll says:

As I posted on the last thread, Will Beatty had a horrible second half, as did the entire Giant offense
    this is the 6th or 7th game that the Giant offense has looked like garbage for all or substantially all of the game — either 3 and outs; or failure to finish off drives
    Eli missed 2 open bombs – he made those last year
    live by the bomb, die by the bomb
    Eli’s having a pretty mediocre season

•  G-MenFan says:

You have to take those shots once in a while to keep the DBs honest. He’s not going to hit them all. He dropped in a couple of beauties to Nicks and Cruz. I don’t have a problem with Eli’s throwing.

My problem is with the routes. Our Tight Ends were killing the Redskins defense. They had no answers for Bennett and Pascoe. We should have kept using them util the Redskins stopped it and we didn’t. Instead, we stubbornly ran Bradshaw into a wall of human flesh throughout the entire second half. They only went to Bennett in third down emergencies. We should have crippled them with the tight end all night. Belichick/Brady/Gronkowski would put up a 50-spot against the Redskins.

•  kinsho says:

Bombing the ball has a low success rate for a very good reason, ya know?

4.  Levito says:

Well, the Giants blew a great opportunity to put the division away early last night, and they blew it. And just as importantly they gave life to 2 of the only teams I wouldn’t want to watch the Giants play in the playoffs: Washington and Dallas.

My biggest issue with last night? Coughlin has no ba11s. 4th and 11 with the game on the line and he punts. I thought they should have gone for it on 4th and 16, but with the penalty on Washington, I figured 4th and 11 was a no brainer. I said when they kicked it away they probably wouldn’t see the ball again, and I was (unfortunately) right. The defense played well enough to hold Washington to 17 points, but I knew with the game on the line, that’s not the unit you want on the field. Completely reminded me of week one against the Cowboys. Same situation, same result.

My other issue was officiating, specifically one call: the RG III fumble. I thought the rule was that if a QB slides feet first, he’s down as soon as he starts the slide. Why did the fumble count? If he’s allowed to make a play with the ball when sliding (intentional or not), he should be allowed to be hit. Am I wrong about this rule?

Speaking of RG III, he may be an explosive player, but he’s not going to last long getting hit like he does. The Giants didn’t get a lot of hits on him, but teams will catch up with him eventually and he’ll end up like Vick just did. He may be out of this league before Eli.

And one more thing. I’m really pi55ed at the coaching staff for playing Kenny Phillips. I was psyched to see he was active last night…until I actually saw him on the field. He looked like he was in a lot of pain just running around out there, and although I’m glad the coaching staff realized it (or maybe he had to tell them), and he didn’t play much after the 2nd defensive series. But I’m not happy he was out there in the first place. It had to be obvious all week and pre-game that he wasn’t ready to come back. I’d have preferred he sit, especially now that the New Orleans game is 100 times more important than if the Giants had won last night.

•  JimStoll says:

the 4th and 11 no-ba!!s call is a toughy
      u r right that the odds of the giants holding the skins there was small
      but the odds of making a 4th and 11 was just as small, especially given how poorly the offense had played in the second half
      either way, we lose that game so I guess going for it would have made more sense
      but let’s face it, the skins put a good old fashion a$$ whipping on us
      beat us like a drum
      up one side of the head, down the other
      out-coached us, out-toughed us, out-hustled us, out-played us
      I would have happily taken the w if we had gotten it; but we didn’t desrve it
      and to think, all week the skins talked trash — biatched about how they outplayed us the first time only to lose; crowed about how they would smack us down this time; and then proceeded to do just that
      the entire Giant organization should be embarrassed and ashamed
      Defending Super Bowl champs, indeed!
      played like scared little girls

Maybe Washington is our new Philly
      before during and after every game, Gilbride takes a gigantic pi$$ in his pants

Lovely

•  Levito says:

I wouldn’t say they put a whooping on the Giants at all. They played a near perfect game, outside of the one turnover, and beat the Giants by one point. Most of the Giants injuries were self-inflicted. The most penalties they’ve had against them in years, and almost all of them came just as the offense was entering or approaching the red zone.

On 4th and 11, I though it was an easy call. Washington’s secondary is terrible. I’d probably have thrown right at whoever Hall was covering. With the game on the line, I’d fully expect him to get called for PI.

•  JimStoll says:

the self-inflicted part just isn’t right
          the worst of the penalties were offensive holding calls (2 on Beatty, one on Locklear), and 2 ST’s holding/blocking calls
          all of those reflect the defensive player besting his counterpart and that counterpart desperately trying to stick with him
          Beatty especially was a victim

5.  Levito says:

I think Bradshaw’s effort last night was heroic. He didn’t have many holes, but he hit the ones he found pretty well. But he’s not going to make it through the season. 24 carries and 4 for Wilson.

And Wilson has no chance. Every run for him is a pitch outside. The one time he got a run up the middle, he didn’t have a lead blocker. WTF?!? We supposedly have one of the best lead blockers in the league in Hynoski, but you don’t use him to clear the way for your undersized RB who’s running up the middle?

•  JimStoll says:

I said it last night and I think Krow said it this morning, but based on the very limited sample size to date, Wilson does not look like an every down back
      He has occasional kick-off potential but he has shown absolutely nothing running the ball
      admittedly the Giant O-Line flat out stinks, but man wilson looks like a colossal bust as a Number 1 pick

6.  BigBlueGiant says:

You guys ready for another 9-7 SB run?

7.  kinsho says:

Ahhh…..overreaction Monday. We lose and the doomsayers come in to damn this team once again.

David Wilson is handicapped by the fact that teams stuff the box whenever he’s in the game. Considering opposing defenses actually review tape, they know that with him in the game, the Giants are almost certainly rushing. In order to effectively use Wilson, we need him on passing downs and in pass protection.

8.  LUZZ says:

The Redskins are a good team, much better than their record indicates. They will probably be the best team to not make the playoffs due to the slow start.

The loss was a slow and painful one last night, but it’s the exact kind of loss that this team easily puts behind them. I expect them to move on and play good football winning their last 3 out of 4, just my hunch.

i was annoyed with all of the 1st down runs throughout the 2nd half by our offense. But, the glaring weakness last night for this team was their lack of preparation of the option offense. They really had no sense of gap control or assignments at all. It was as if Washington broke out this offense for the first time of the season last night. Its was disappointing that our D was so lost against this stuff with practically a whole season of it on film.

Despite only giving up 17 points our D was really ineffective. Had they not recovered that fumble Washington would have scored at least 3 but likely 7 the way they were driving. Also, their last drive of the game they sliced right through our D again and ended in victory formation with 2:00 left on the clock at our 35 yardline. They could have easily scored more points if they needed them. We really didn’t stop them the whole 2nd half.

•  kinsho says:

Not much more to add to this than the fact that the defense was too opportunistic. Rather than play their assignments and containing the pocket at all times, they bit on the bait the Redskins laid out time and time again.

I was at the game last night but feel like I need to see the game again because I feel like I missed a lot of detail. What I can add is the atmosphere was crazy! The section I was in never sat. That game was the redskins SB. We caught the redskins on their best night and nearly beat them with an average performance. Disappointing? Yes, very much so because I makes this a real race for the division. But I think some poster here are going too far. So now the redskins are good enough to win road games they are suppose to win? I don’t think so. In seen how they have played over the years I’m confident Washington will lose at Clevland. They still have Bmore and Dallas as well. Washington is not going to finish 10-6 and neither is Dallas. We win 2 out of the next 3 and we are in great shape.

•  JimStoll says:

we absolutely need to finish 10-6 to have a shot at the playoffs
      9-7 and we almost definitely miss out
      the thought that Washington won’t win out I believe hinges on this sunday and Baltimore
      Beat the Ravens and they will finish 10-6
      Dallas has a tough 3 games coming with cincy and Pitt and NO back-to-back-to-back, assuming they lose 2 they have nothing to play for Week 17 against the Skins and they lay down like dawgs at Fed-X
      the skins will either be 9-7 or 10-6
      if we are 9-7 they close us out; if we are 10-6 they might close us out

when we look back on this season, last night may turn out to have been the deciding game

•  kinsho says:

I hear the fans are utterly terrible. Is this true?

•  BigBlueGiant says:

Actually, they’re not bad fans at all. Pretty nice in General.

FedEx Field is ana amazing place to watch a game. Great stadium. Much Much nicer than the 4 billion dollar that aluminum foil place that we built.

•  Hanshi says:

I was at FedEx field in 2008 and the fans were great. I try to go to 1 away game a year and the fans at FedEx were the nicest I’ve encountered. Philly on the other hand is the worst.

I said 2 weeks ago that I would rather beat GB and lose to washington than vice versa. I still stand by that statement. I still think washington is a 9-7 at best and the same for Dallas. For us to get to 10-6 is more important for us to know we can play great football and beat good teams like GB. Our next 3 games are against teams playing good football but all are teams we will beat if we play anywhere close to the GB level.

•  Levito says:

I don’t understand how that’s a better scenario. If the Giants won last night, after losing against GB, the Giants are still 7-5, but the skins are 6-7, and 2 games out and on the wrong side of the tiebreaker. Much better scenario then they’re in now. If Washington and the Giants end the season tied now, they’ll win the division record tiebreaker, and the Giants will likely be out of the playoffs.