November 30th, 2012 at 12:00 PM

The NFL has fined Green Bay Packers safety Jerron McMillian $21,000 for his illegal hit on New York Giants tight end Martellus Bennett, but the rookie still feels he did no wrong. In fact, despite drawing the flag, McMillian maintains that he was likely fined due to the "crying" of Bennett after the play.

“I guess it’s for the well-being of whoever was down, because I guess he was crying and whatnot,” McMillian said. “I guess something was wrong with him, but it was a clean hit. I think they more so threw the flag because of his reaction instead of the actual contact.”

Following the hit, it was obvious that Bennett was shaken up. When he initially got to his feet, angry would be the appropriate word used to describe his emotions, but he also seemed a bit dazed. He started walking in the wrong direction before being corralled by the training staff (he could have been heading McMillian's way), and was then promptly tested for a concussion. Which he passed … as Doogie Howser would have.

Needless to say, the Black Unicorn was not pleased with McMillian or the illegal hit.

“I just got the wind knocked out of me. It got me pissed off. I wanted to kick his ass,” Bennett said.

Whether McMillian agrees or not, the hit was late and worthy of both a flag and a fine. Now, if he wants to talk about crying, how about the Packers and how they never lose to the Giants, just constantly "beat themselves"?

Photo Credit: Mike Gannon

Tags: Football, Green Bay, Green Bay Packers, Jerron McMillian, Martellus Bennett, New York, New York Giants, NFL

16 Responses to “Green Bay Packers’ Jerron McMillian Says Martellus Bennett was “Crying” After Illegal Hit”

1.  njm0m says:

OMG, I’m so tired of this rookies and their mouths. They really need a lesson on how to stfu before they enter the NFL.

2.  The Original G Man says:

THERE’S NO CRYING IN FOOTBALL!!

•  njm0m says:

yeah, tell that to Rutgers they were doing a lot of that yesterday after they blew against Louiville.

•  Levito says:

they way they blew that game was painful. Didn’t matter much, they already blew it by not showing up against Pitt.

3.  rlhjr says:

I really hope Marcellus’s knee holds up for whatever is left of the Giants regular season and playoff run. I am especially hopeful his off season “procedure” and rehab is successful.

The Giants could not have brought in a better player to sure up the tight end position. With Bennett and Robinson baring serious injury, the Giants should not be worried about taking a tight end early in the draft.

Because of his injury I think the Giants chances of re-signing him are very good.
    And if they get a good post surgery/rehab report for team doctors, Bennett should be a Giant for a long time and at a reasonable price.
    The guy is really very very good.

•  F0XLIN says:

If we can wrap up the division in the next 2 weeks, we can limit the snap count of some of these players like Bennett and get them healthy for the playoff run

4.  Levito says:

I read his comment a bit differently. I thought he meant it more as Bennett was whining to the officials for a flag. Not that it was necessary, it was a pretty blatant hit. And not that the one hit mattered, the Giants didn’t need any officiating help to win that game.

•  BLU-82 says:

I thought the same, that he was talking about whining. But to be honest, I don’t remember the specific play.

5. Hey everyone, just a heads up I AM LOOKING FOR TICKETS to the Giants-Saints game on December 9th.

Email me at SimonGC28@hotmail.com if you got ‘em. And don’t get mad when I post this every day for the next few weeks…

6.  GmenMania says:

Bennett is quite entertaining. Always has a funny comment to make.