After a much needed day off on Sunday, the New York Giants returned to the field on Monday with a preseason date against the Jacksonville Jaguars looming this Friday. Unfortunately, they were without linebacker Jacquian Williams, offensive lineman Will Beatty, cornerback Prince Amukamara and the four players who remain on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list.
- During rushing drills, tight end Martellus Bennett came in motion and put a superb block on Jason Pierre-Paul, springing Ahmad Bradshaw for a big gain. It was one of the first times JPP has been successfully neutralized all training camp.
- Markus Kuhn did a solid job in rushing drills, breaking away from a few blocks and plugging holes. At one point, he used a swim move to shed a block and followed it up by wrapping rookie RB David Wilson up for little to no gain. He later broke through a double-team to pressure quarterback David Carr.
- Jerrel Jernigan brought a punt return to the house this afternoon. No one on any team in the NFL would have been able to put hands on him.
- Greg Jones made a nice popping stop of David Wilson in the hole. He’s played relatively well in camp, but has been greatly over-shadowed by other linebackers.
- Janzen Jackson, who needs to make some noise because of the success of Will Hill thus far, was out-leaped in the end zone by wide receiver David Douglas.
- DT Dwayne Hendricks went down with what appeared to be a painful injury. He needed to be helped off the field by the trainers.
- David Diehl struggled against Mathias Kiwanuka, who rushed passed him a few different times.
- Bruce Johnson dropped an easy interception after a Ramses Barden slip. He was made to do push-ups for his drop.
- Spencer Paysinger looked great on a few blitzes this afternoon, but got shaken by Victor Cruz on what would have been a touchdown.
- With Prince on the sidelines and T2 visiting Dr. Andrews, Michael Coe received first-team reps.
- JPP had his jersey ripped early in practice and ended up putting on Prince Amukamara’s. If it wasn’t so incredibly small on him, it could have become very confusing.
- Be sure to "like" Giants 101 on Facebook and to follow Giants 101 on Twitter
- Text "oneteam" to 20222 to donate $10 to the One Team for the Lights charity initiative.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/igk