New York Giants’ Eli Manning Will Host Saturday Night Live on May 5th

April 15th, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Fans of the New York Giants know it, but the rest of the country may not: quarterback Eli Manning is actually a pretty funny guy. In addition to his various commercials (see ESPN spot below), Manning's sense of humor is often experienced by his teammates, who are frequently the subject of his pranks. The world will now have the opportunity to see Eli's funny side (not just his "funny face") when he hosts Saturday Night Live on May 5th.

Yes. You read that right. Eli Manning will host Saturday Night Live.

In a position he's become used to, Eli will have a lot to live up to as his older brother and former Indianapolis Colts quarterback, Peyton Manning, once hit one out of the park while hosting SNL. Eli appeared in the audience that night, so he'll at least have some first-hand experience to work with as he prepares his sketch(es).

In addition to Easy-E, R&B recording artist Rihanna will be the musical guest that night.

Saturday Night Live airs from 11:30 PM until 1:00 AM, so be sure to set your DVR's/Tivo's.

Tags: Eli Manning, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Peyton Manning, Saturday Night Live

14 Responses to “New York Giants’ Eli Manning Will Host Saturday Night Live on May 5th”

1.  kujo says:

I can’t freakin wait for the draft!

And I have a feeling that we’ll all wait on bated breath for the 32nd pick, only to be disappointed when Reese trades back! The whole night will be ruined.

Repost:

BBG – you said in reference to Osi “Now….you can choose to believe it was a real injury, he got healthy and contributed, or you may believe, Osi used the injury to hold out as a ploy to get a new deal.” I really can’t believe you said that. The team doctors verified the injuries and both times he came back within the given timeframe for the injury. It might have been on the high side but still within the timeframe. Plus you just don’t do elective surgery without a legit injury.

Last year JR called Osi’s bluff and Osi admitted to such. I’m not saying Osi is happy making the money he is but there’s nothing he can do except hold out. But he’s already seen JR doesn’t give in. Osi’s issues have been with management and trying to get paid. Even last preseason he went to team meetings and was still engaged. Once to season began we didn’t hear a peep from Osi, same with the year before.

I say all of this to say the Osi situation just really comes down to if something like a 2nd and 5th is a deal JR will take. I have stated I wouldn’t take it. Not because it isn’t a fair deal but because what Osi can provide us in 2012. I fully understand taking the deal. I think from the River’s trade and re-signing Blackburn means there’s a good chance Osi is traded for such a deal. However, if Osi is traded it’s because the trade value provided too much for JR to pass up not because we have to “dump” Osi due to a “distraction”.

•  BBWC says:

GOAT….the way I said that, didn’t quite come out the way I wanted it to….lol. The point I’m trying to make is…..Osi could’ve had the “elective surgery” on his knee at the end of the previous season, if it was THAT big of a problem, or he could have elected to NOT have it at all. (Considering the timing of the events) It seems, to some people, that Osi elected to have that surgery done (at the time) because, HE DIDN’T GET WHAT HE WANTED (more money, or the trade). Reese, evidently frustrated with Osi, gave him a SHORT time to seek a trade, with demands that made it very unlikely any team would take him, than, slammed the door on him. At that point, Osi was screwed…. he had to play out his contract, or face fines ect. It’s quite possible, depending on your opinion, that Osi said to himself,” fine, you want to play hardball with me, than, I’ll play hardball with you”. “I’ll elect to have this surgery done, and you won’t have me at all…..see how you like that”. It was a calculated way for Osi to get even with organization, without putting himself out on a limb with the organization, media and fans. I could go into more detail, but that’s the theory in a nutshell.

Concerning the elective surgery – In the words of the team’s vice president of medical services, Barnes said “It’s a simple debridement,” Umenyiora’s recovery time is expected to be approximately three to four weeks, “Which took longer than expected” for Osi return. Then add in the “no shows” and they further support that theory.

As far as the high ankle sprain goes, and what degree it was, I don’t know. Whether or not he over played the injury, I have no idea. Only Osi knows for sure……

One thing I do know is, with the way JPP was playing, Osi needed to get his a$$ in there and PLAY WELL, or it would’ve significantly impacted his value.

Again…. I love Osi, he’s been a great player for us. If Reese can figure something out, that works, and Osi is happy ….. I’d be happier than a pig in $hit! We’ll have to wait and see.

3.  Samardzija says:

LoL if Reese tardes back Ill throw a tantrum

4.  GIANTT says:

Of course , all this intelligent discourse by my learned 101ers is taking sides on Osi .
    well , with what Reese has started and hopefully continues through the draft , it will minimize WHATEVER happens with Osi . The comments earlier about what to read into Osi showing up for the OTAs or not can be taken as if he doesnt show up , its a sign of disrespect towards the Giants OR an old man (by NFL standards anyway )
    wanting to protect his assets as much as possible . Management will make their own read and a draft pick will make their decision very obvious . If they take a kid like Mercilus and dont trade Osi , then they have a year to get Mercilus up to speed and Osi leaves next year as a free agent . If Mercilus comes in say and shows something ala JPP then the Giants can trade Osi . This takes the decision out of Osis hands really , which I think is one reason that this might be a good route for the Giants to go . You dont want to leave the current and future strength of the team in the hands of a disgruntled player
    Samard – I thought that a trade back might make sense if the Giants got a good haul for it – a mid round second say and a 5th or a swap somewhere else also , but thats the only way I could see a trade down .

•  Samardzija says:

Im not saying that as it would not make sense logically. Im saying it as a fan in a different time zone, whos staying up to what Im guessing is around 4 in the morning waiting for our pick, only to find out we arent picking until the next day lol. It could make ll the sense in the world, Id still be furious

5.  GIANTT says:

Samard – you may be in a different time zone but at least you are not on another planet like some of our learned friends

Are we going to have a draft prediction contest this year?

•  Samardzija says:

Defending champ is in lol

•  kujo says:

I’ve done the G101 Mock Off each year for the last 3, but I just don’t have the time to do all that stuff this year, with school, work and planning a wedding.

If someone else wants to gather all the user mocks, or throw together a thread on one of the message boards on here I would absolutely be down to submit my 4-round mock!

7.  Hazem Kiswani says: