With zero hour nearly upon them, the New York Giants were up against a wall when it came to re-signing Terrell Thomas. And mere hours before NFL Free Agency was set to officially begin, Big Blue put the finishing touches on a deal to keep T2 in the Big Apple.
Poised to "break out" and become a Pro Bowl corner, Thomas missed the entire 2011-2012 season after tearing his ACL in the preseason. He stayed positive and aggressively rehabbed, and recently began jogging. He's tweeted on several occasions that he's ahead of schedule and should be ready for the start of the 2012-2013 season.
“I pretty much can do everything,” Thomas told the Daily News last week. “I started cutting last week in the backpedal. I’m cutting laterally. I’m running forward, not a full sprint but a nice speed jog. I can jump, I can squat, I can lunge. I can do everything pretty much. It’s just all doing it the right way. It’s about getting the muscle memory to remember how to do it so it becomes natural again."
Details of his new contract have not yet been made available.
UPDATE: Thomas' contract is four-years, $28 million with $11 million guaranteed and an option year.
David Baas restructures contract.
Center David Baas has restructured his contract, dropping his 2012 salary from $3M to $900K. Like Eli Manning, the remaining $2.1M will likely be converted to a bonus.
- Be sure to "like" Giants 101 on Facebook and to follow Giants 101 on Twitter
- Text "oneteam" to 20222 to donate $10 to the One Team for the Lights charity initiative.
- Get your very own "GMEN" t-shirt (as seen on Michael Strahan at the Super Bowl XLVI ceremony)
- Get your tickets for G-Men Show of Champions in Secaucus, NJ
- Purchase your tickets for "A Show of Champions" in Poughkeepsie, NY before they run out!
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/bfy