A source with knowledge of the situation says that at 4:00 PM Eastern Time this afternoon, former first-round selection, cornerback Aaron Ross, will hit the open market as a free agent and the New York Giants do not have interest in bringing him back.
Ross was General Manager Jerry Reese's first ever selection and represents a rookie class that helped propel the Giants to a win over the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII. He was also a starter on the Super Bowl XLVI squad.
At around 9:00 AM eastern time, the Giants re-signed 2008 second-round draft choice Terrell Thomas, giving them adequate depth at the cornerback position. This represented the final nail in the coffin for Ross.
David Baas restructures contract.
Center David Baas has restructured his contract, dropping his 2012 salary from $3M to $900K, saving the Giants $1.575 million in cap room this year. Like Eli Manning, the remaining $2.1M will likely be converted to a bonus.
- Be sure to "like" Giants 101 on Facebook and to follow Giants 101 on Twitter
- Text "oneteam" to 20222 to donate $10 to the One Team for the Lights charity initiative.
- Get your very own "GMEN" t-shirt (as seen on Michael Strahan at the Super Bowl XLVI ceremony)
- Get your tickets for G-Men Show of Champions in Secaucus, NJ
- Purchase your tickets for "A Show of Champions" in Poughkeepsie, NY before they run out!
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/bg3