With most New York Giants fans still enjoying the newest Lombardi Trophy, today was proof that life moves on and there will be a title to defend next season.
As reported by numerous sources, the NFL has set the date of Wednesday, September 5, 2012 as the kickoff of the 2012-2013 NFL season. The reason for the game taking place on Wednesday instead of Thursday is that President Obama will be delivering his DNC speech that Thursday night. The Giants will be playing, though it still unknown who their opponent will be.
"Looks like the Giants will be apart of the first ever Wednesday Night Football. We will still be ALL IN whatever night it is!"
Despite the eyes of the New York Giants already looking into the next season, Tuck seems to be echoing the sentiment that kept Big Blue firing on all cylinders throughout their post-season run.
All in, starting September 5, 2012!
- Be sure to "like" Giants 101 on Facebook and to follow Giants 101 on Twitter
- Text "oneteam" to 20222 to donate $10 to the One Team for the Lights charity initiative.
- Get your very own "GMEN" t-shirt (as seen on Michael Strahan at the Super Bowl XLVI ceremony)
- Purchase your copy of "Deja Blue: The New York Giants' 2011 Championship Season"
- Get your tickets for G-Men Show of Champions in Secaucus, NJ