Mario Manningham may be on his way out of the Big Apple, but Domenik Hixon isn't. The wide receiver's agent, Eric Metz, told Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger that the two sides are discussing a deal that could, potentially, be signed soon.
"[We're] hoping to finalize a contract very soon," Metz said. "We expect him to sign with the Giants."
Hixon missed 14 games last year after tearing his ACL in week two against the St. Louis Rams, and missed all of the 2010 season after tearing the very same ACL. However, the six-year veteran fully expects to return to football at 100% and believes he can contribute.
In 48 career games with the Giants, Hixon has hauled in 63 passes for 838 yards and four touchdowns. His real value comes on special teams as a return man, where he's returned both a kick and punt for a touchdown – the only player on the Giants to accomplish that feat in the last six years.
Prior to the 2011 season, Hixon signed a one-year deal worth $600,000 (plus a $250,000 roster bonus).
- Be sure to "like" Giants 101 on Facebook and to follow Giants 101 on Twitter
- Text "oneteam" to 20222 to donate $10 to the One Team for the Lights charity initiative.
- Get your very own "GMEN" t-shirt (as seen on Michael Strahan at the Super Bowl XLVI ceremony)
- Purchase your copy of "Deja Blue: The New York Giants' 2011 Championship Season"
- Get your tickets for G-Men Show of Champions in Secaucus, NJ
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ars