Manningham told a local paper in Youngstown Ohio that he is 75% sure he is leaving New York. Part of the reason? He wants the ball more and he doubts that as a part of the New York Giants receiving corps, even with Eli Manning as the quarterback, that he can get the ball more.
“He (Eli) is (a good quarterback), but there are a lot of good quarterbacks in this league,” Manningham said. “I just want the ball more, that’s all.”
Manningham has already headed in another direction mentally. A direction that we have seen many a player go. He has a ring, and now it is about getting paid.
“How many times have you seen a repeat?” he said.
When the Patriots were mentioned as the last NFL team to repeat (in 2004-05), Manningham said that franchise “is a different type of breed right there, different type of coaching staff then what we [have].”
He elaborated by saying that he would like to see the Giants go back to the Super Bowl, but that he wants to go with another team.
In short, Manningham did not pull any punches. Apparently the New England Patriots coaching staff is "a different kind of breed" despite getting bested by the Giants twice in Super Bowls. The two entities are apparently not on the same level.
As for Eli Manning, there are apparently "a lot of good quarterbacks out there." As understandable as it is that Mario would want to explore greener pastures, his comments are somewhat shocking.
The Giants faithful wishes him all the best, even if he doesn't share the same sentiment with us.
- Be sure to "like" Giants 101 on Facebook and to follow Giants 101 on Twitter
- Text "oneteam" to 20222 to donate $10 to the One Team for the Lights charity initiative.
- Purchase your Super Bowl XLVI gear through Giants NFL Shop
- Get your very own "GMEN" t-shirt (as seen on Michael Strahan at the Super Bowl XLVI ceremony)
- Get free autographs from Mark Collins this Sunday in East Hanover, NJ.
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/aoo