The grass is not always greener on the other side. Just ask Plaxico Burress, Steve Smith, Barry Cofield and Kevin Boss. All four players left or opted not to sign with the New York Giants last year, and all four missed out on the opportunity to win a Super Bowl ring. Now wide receiver Mario Manningham is facing a similar choice: sign or go elsewhere.
Pro Football Talk is reporting that the Giants and Manningham are not making any positive progress in their contract talks and that the wide receiver is ready to enter free agency.
This doesn't come as a huge surprise since Manningham is likely seeking a much larger deal than the Giants are willing to give, but to see that absolutely no progress has been made is unfortunate nonetheless.
With a very stacked list of free agent or potential free agent wide receivers, Super Mario and agent Drew Rosenhaus may not receive the offer they're both hoping for. Much like the case with running back Ahmad Bradshaw a year ago, multiple free agent options will likely drive down the price for Mario and he'll ultimately be forced to settle for less than he and Rosenhaus value him at.
Will that spell a last second return to Big Blue? Time will tell.
- Be sure to "like" Giants 101 on Facebook and to follow Giants 101 on Twitter
- Text "oneteam" to 20222 to donate $10 to the One Team for the Lights charity initiative.
- Purchase your Super Bowl XLVI gear through Giants NFL Shop
- Get your very own "GMEN" t-shirt (as seen on Michael Strahan at the Super Bowl XLVI ceremony)
- Get free autographs from Mark Collins and Stephen Baker this Friday night in NYC.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/aly