At the inception of the 2012 league year, Nike will take over uniform rights for the NFL from Reebok. It has been established that Nike will aim to have a unique look for the threads, as they have stated themselves.
"We’re actually going to have some fun, but respect the traditions of these teams at the same time,” Parker said.
The New York Giants have one of the most iconic and recognizable uniforms in sports. Considering that all logo changes must pass through the NFL and management of respective teams, do not expect things to change much about the Giants uniforms.
Most of the "fun" Nike plans on having with the new uniforms will likely come at the expense of the "third" or "alternate" jerseys of respective teams. The New York Giants and San Francisco 49ers are the league's only teams without a third or alternate jersey (currently).
The Giants have their basic blue and white home and away jerseys. The team had red jerseys as a tip of the hat to the 1950s teams but stopped utilizing them after the 2006 season.
Nike is unlikely to make very many changes to the threads of a team whose uniform and tradition has been around as long as the Giants.
One possibility is that Nike could convince the Giants to add a 3rd or alternate jersey to their collection. Perhaps a tip of the hat to the 1980s and 90s jerseys with the white pants and the "Giants" logo on the helmet.
Speaking of attire, all Giants fans should pick up the new Taylormade Giants golf hat.
Taylormade NFL GIANTS Golf Hat Message Points:
- Through TaylorMade Golf’s unique NFL partnership, they are the only golf manufacturer to offer all 32 NFL team hats and visors, so fans can show their team spirit on and off the course.
- TaylorMade Golf’s NFL Hats and Visors are:
- Has UV protection of 50 UPF
- Has a dark under bill to reduce glare
- Has a moisture wicking sweatband
- For more information go to TaylorMadeGolf.com
- Be sure to "like" Giants 101 on Facebook and to follow Giants 101 on Twitter
- Text "oneteam" to 20222 to donate $10 to the One Team for the Lights charity initiative.
- Purchase your Super Bowl XLVI gear through Giants NFL Shop
- Get your tickets to All In: A Super Bowl Champion Show
- Get your very own "GMEN" t-shirt (as seen on Michael Strahan at the Super Bowl XLVI ceremony)