New York Giants’ Antrel Rolle: “We’re not Going to Be Denied”

January 31st, 2012 at 10:17 AM

New York Giants safety Antrel Rolle is one of the many Big Blue veterans with Super Bowl experience. Unfortunately for Rolle, his experience is of the sour variety.

A member of the 2008-2009 Arizona Cardinals, Rolle suffered through an excruciating last second loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII. With that now behind him, he focuses on potential personal redemption in Super Bowl XLVI with the Giants. And after struggling through the many ups and downs of the 2011 regular season, Rolle feels the Giants will not be denied in their quest for the franchise's fourth Lombardi Trophy.

“I was a Cardinal then; I’m a Giant now,” said Rolle. “I think we’re in a better situation. We’re not going to be denied. We’re not going to be denied. We’ve come too far, and this road has been way too tough for us to come up short. We will do whatever it takes.”

The difference between confident and cocky is knowing you can get a job done, but understanding it's a not give in. The Giants certainly are confident and walking a fine line. They understand they're capable of bringing home the Lombardi Trophy, but not cocky enough to think all they need to do is show up. And when Rolle says they're not going to be denied, you get the feeling that, well, they're not going to be denied.

Tags: Antrel Rolle, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Super Bowl XLVI

9 Responses to “New York Giants’ Antrel Rolle: “We’re not Going to Be Denied””

1.  jfunk says:

There’s another reason I’m happy to have Rolle on our roster…he’s LOST a Superbowl. I believe Grant has one or two as well. I think having a voice from that perspective is a nice factor in the locker room leading up to this game. In 2007 it came from Toomer & Strahan. Let these guys fill the others in on how agonizing it is to lose this game. No matter how much you think you want to win this game, you want to not lose it even more. Whatever it takes, make it happen.

2. Matthew Kiernankujo says:

I like Rolle a lot and I’m very glad he is on this team. I expect him to bring his usual amount of fire, piss and vinegar on Sunday. We need him out there.

3.  TuckThis says:

Not sure how the Giants made it to the SB. Obviously no one is very good!

• Mark BrownMarBro456 says:

but that can’t be. I thought EVERYONE was on our bandwagon. Did sporting news fall off or something? They better get back on.

•  jfunk says:

You don’t need All-Pros to have one of the best teams. In all honestly, I don’t see anything on here the a Giant should obviously replace one of these guys besides JPP over Babin.

4. Mark BrownMarBro456 says:

I have been confident in this team, and will remain being confident for this “big game”. I’m not one to watch much media on tv myself. I don’t need or want anyone that does not watch every Giants game to tell me how to feel or what to think. I know it is being said that all the pundits are on the Giants bandwagon, and like I said, I do not watch them myself….. but here where I live in Tennessee, there are not too many people who give the Giants a chance… and I am surrounded by people who rely on the media to tell them what to feel.

The intensity that this team has shown in the last five weeks says as Antrell does… “They will not be denied”. With each game the intensity has gotten stronger than the last. I think our boys will be ready for this game and up to the challenge. In watching the Patriots vs the Ravens, I just did not see that kind of intensity being displayed by them. Their game looked like business as usual, and almost ended as a lost if it weren’t for a missed FG by Baltimore. Business as usual is good, but this is the biggest stage of all… you need that intensity to fuel you to the greatest of heights.

2008 was all about the heart.

2012 is about the fire, drive, and intensity.

Close or runaway, I see the Giants as the next SB champs. ALL IN!!!!

5.  TuckThis says:

Do we know John Parry? He’s going to be the ref at the SB.