According to NFL Network, a deal between the New York Giants and free agent safety Antrel Rolle is “95% done. However, that report could just be a smokescreen sent out by his agent fishing for better offers, but we’ll just have to wait and see.
According to Pro Football Talk, two other teams – the Miami Dolphins and Arizona Cardinals – remain in the hunt for his services.
Considering how cheap the Bidwell’s typically are, you can all but cross Arizona off the list. And if you factor in that Rolle already turned down a $6 million annual contract with them, I’d say it’s safe to assume this is a two team race.
3:20 PM UPDATE – Ralph Vacchiano reports that Rolle is taking a physical for the Giants, but if the Dolphins up their offer in the final moments, the tides could shift dramatically.
5:05 UPDATE – Mike Garafolo reports that in addition to Antoine Bethea and Oshiomogho Atogwe, the Giants are also talking to Darren Sharper as possible backups, should the Antrel Rolle deal not get finalized.
5:30 UPDATE – The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that the Giants and Rolle are “finalizing a deal.”
7:04 UPDATE – Mike Garafolo tweets that Rolle will give Arizona a chance to match the offer Big Blue gives him…however, it remains unlikely that the Cardinals will be able to do so.
- NFL sources say David Carr to the 49ers is very likely; “it’s the 49ers to lose.”
- Pat Traina hints that the Giants may reach out to Mark Brunell should they lose David Carr.
- Cornerback Aaron Ross and long-time girlfriend Sanya Richards were married on Feb. 26th.
- PFT says free agent linebacker/defensive end Aaron Kampmann will visit the Eagles first. However, Jay Glazer says that information is inaccurate and that Kampmann is taking the weekend to decide his next step.
- Mike Garafolo also reports that the Giants have contacted OJ Atogwe‘s agent.
Stay tuned to Giants 101 as we update this situation throughout the day.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
No related posts.
Short URL: http://www.giants101.com/3rdand1/p1